Cubitmod on kisslicer 1.6 Beta

rantzaus

Cubitmod on kisslicer 1.6 Beta

Post by rantzaus »

Is cubitmod working together with the new beta release og kisslicer?
lonesock

Re: Cubitmod on kisslicer 1.6 Beta

Post by lonesock »

I don't know the answer to that, but related: I did not have KISSlicer properly slowing down paths for the unsupported sections of paths under BfB / CubeX firmware. I am working on it right now (it's the last big item before I put out the Release Candidate).

I am way behind on CubeItMod...I believe it had some post-processing, as well as maybe adding the CRC that the CubeX printers required, is that correct? Also, does anyone know the current status of CubeItMod?

thanks, and sorry for my ignorance,
Jonathan
Giovanni V.

Post by Giovanni V. »

lonesock wrote: Also, does anyone know the current status of CubeItMod?

Jonathan
Hi Jonathan,
I've stopped the Cubeitmod's developement because I've changed the hardware on my Cubex and now I run Marlin firmware.
You can find here the source of the last version, feel free to use it if you want integrate something direcliy into Kisslicer for the Cubex users, you can also see what Cubeitmod needs into the bfb file to work properly.
Cubeitmod source.zip
(62.69 KiB) Downloaded 272 times
lonesock

Post by lonesock »

Giovanni V. wrote:

Jonathan
Hi Jonathan,
I've stopped the Cubeitmod's developement because I've changed the hardware on my Cubex and now I run Marlin firmware.
You can find here the source of the last version, feel free to use it if you want integrate something direcliy into Kisslicer for the Cubex users, you can also see what Cubeitmod needs into the bfb file to work properly.
Cubeitmod source.zip
Thank you, that was very generous!

The primary thing I am seeing in the code is that the firmware only respects integer RPM? If I made that fix in KISSlicer, is that enough for a 1st pass getting KISSlicer to work directly with CubeX?

thanks,
Jonathan
Giovanni V.

Post by Giovanni V. »

lonesock wrote:
The primary thing I am seeing in the code is that the firmware only respects integer RPM? If I made that fix in KISSlicer, is that enough for a 1st pass getting KISSlicer to work directly with CubeX?

thanks,
Jonathan
Yes, this is the fist step, calculate the head speed from the integer RPM.

Giovanni
lonesock

Post by lonesock »

Thanks. To be clear, it's actually integer deciRPM, correct? So "M108 S1" is OK, though it is only 0.1 RPM?

thanks,
Jonathan
Giovanni V.

Post by Giovanni V. »

lonesock wrote:Thanks. To be clear, it's actually integer deciRPM, correct? So "M108 S1" is OK, though it is only 0.1 RPM?

thanks,
Jonathan
Yes, M108 S1 in the code will make 0.1 RPM on the Cubex and this is the slowest RPM that the Cubex can run.
That's why when printing very tiny layers with very small noozles, Kisslicer may calculate RPMs <0.1 and when the head speed is recalculated from 0.1 RPM it can be very very high compared to the desired speed set into Kisslicer.

Giovanni
mcirri

Post by mcirri »

Giovanni V. wrote:
lonesock wrote:Thanks. To be clear, it's actually integer deciRPM, correct? So "M108 S1" is OK, though it is only 0.1 RPM?

thanks,
Jonathan
Yes, M108 S1 in the code will make 0.1 RPM on the Cubex and this is the slowest RPM that the Cubex can run.
That's why when printing very tiny layers with very small noozles, Kisslicer may calculate RPMs <0.1 and when the head speed is recalculated from 0.1 RPM it can be very very high compared to the desired speed set into Kisslicer.

Giovanni
Giovanni,
with the version 1.6 I obtain an error linked to max speed not being greater than 10m/s with respect to all other speeds. I think, after a bit of digging, it might be related to the fact that "destring_suck_speed_mm_per_s" is missing in the bfb file. Do you know of any way to have such a value written in the bfb? I tried adding it to the matl ini file but it is still not written in the file.

I could go back to v1.5 but I cannot get the 64b version to work and the memory seems not to be enough for the slicing job I have. With 1.6 64b it works perfect till the file is written and the CubItMod is run.

I know you stopped developing but I still believe you are the one with the greatest knowledge of it.

Massimiliano
mcirri

Post by mcirri »

Giovanni,

could you tell us how to change the hardware so to change the firmware you run? I am having tons of problems printing with different filament and, at this point, I'd like to just get away from the cubex original stuff as much as possible.
It would be great if you could do a document about that.

Massimiliano
Giovanni V. wrote:

Jonathan
Hi Jonathan,
Cubeitmod source.zip