Tip wiping

boxsterjohn

Tip wiping

Post by boxsterjohn »

How do you change the extrude length prior to wiping? I want to extrude more filament before wiping the tip.
Giovanni V.

Re: Tip wiping

Post by Giovanni V. »

boxsterjohn wrote:How do you change the extrude length prior to wiping? I want to extrude more filament before wiping the tip.
Hi, look into "Printer G-Code"/"Selecte New Extr. and warm", this line M55<EXT+1> P700 S80 make the extrusion before wiping, Increase P to make more extrusion, the S is the speed of the extrusion, dont set too high speed or the motor will click.
boxsterjohn

Post by boxsterjohn »

Thank you
boxsterjohn

Post by boxsterjohn »

When I adjust the offset for the wiping stick correctly then the jet/hotend does not go far enough over the filament container. The jet/hotend is too close to the front of the filament container just behind the jet wiper.
boxsterjohn

Post by boxsterjohn »

Help please! I need help changing the purge location so that the tip is positioned over the filament catch container and still have the tip wiper working correctly.
Giovanni V.

Post by Giovanni V. »

boxsterjohn wrote:Help please! I need help changing the purge location so that the tip is positioned over the filament catch container and still have the tip wiper working correctly.

What's the problem with the Offset menu ? Normally if you change the value you can reach the desired position.
boxsterjohn

Post by boxsterjohn »

When I adjust the offset for the wiping stick correctly ( just touching the Jet Wipe) then the jet/hotend does not go far enough over the filament container. The jet/hotend is too close to the front of the filament container just behind the jet wiper (at the same location where the wiping stick was adjusted to. Just touching the Jet Wipe)
Giovanni V.

Post by Giovanni V. »

boxsterjohn wrote:When I adjust the offset for the wiping stick correctly ( just touching the Jet Wipe) then the jet/hotend does not go far enough over the filament container. The jet/hotend is too close to the front of the filament container just behind the jet wiper (at the same location where the wiping stick was adjusted to. Just touching the Jet Wipe)
This is the way it's supposed to work into the Cubex FW.
The hotend purge just behind the jet wiper, the melted plastic creates a blob in this area, after the purge the hotend moves forward to the print area and the blob is supposed to stay in place.
At next extruder change the wiping sick is supposed to hit the old blob and make it fall into the trash bin.

But I was not happy with this system, very often the blob comes with the jet and stick to the part, you can find in internet some solutions to build your cleaner.
boxsterjohn

Post by boxsterjohn »

Giovanni,
How did you remedy your tip wipe issue?
Giovanni V.

Post by Giovanni V. »

boxsterjohn wrote:Giovanni,
How did you remedy your tip wipe issue?
I've built an electro-mechanical system, with a switch and a delayed relay, but is pretty complex to do, you can see it in action here :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lCmuWdlxsWY

You can try this, it's much more easy to do :

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic ... O5sF6mtEWE