Cubex Rumba conversion with Marlin firmware

Giovanni V.

Cubex Rumba conversion with Marlin firmware

Post by Giovanni V. »

For those who want convert the Cubex into a RepRap, here's a copy of the firmware I'm using :

Marlin Rumba Cubex.zip
(1.27 MiB) Downloaded 315 times
sadclown706

Re: Cubex Rumba conversion with Marlin firmware

Post by sadclown706 »

Did you keep the existing stepper motors and belts?
Giovanni V.

Post by Giovanni V. »

sadclown706 wrote:Did you keep the existing stepper motors and belts?
Yes, look the video here :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lCmuWdlxsWY&t=51s
Capt K

Post by Capt K »

could you answer a few questions? I used your firmware ..mostly works so far until now. i am getting no hot bed activation. I used a separate board to activate my hot bed. which output do you use on the rumba to trigger it? i tried both connections next to the power input- neither gavve voltage to trigger the separate board...or am i misreading the schematic. what changes in the firmware to activate the hot bed? . i want to make sure i did not change anything inadvertently. Thanks for the big times savings. i am using the same rep rap full graphic display as well. next i am mouting two j heads to the keyholes on the carriage. 3D printing the adapters on my first printer.
Giovanni V.

Post by Giovanni V. »

Capt K wrote:could you answer a few questions? I used your firmware ..mostly works so far until now. i am getting no hot bed activation. I used a separate board to activate my hot bed. which output do you use on the rumba to trigger it? i tried both connections next to the power input- neither gavve voltage to trigger the separate board...or am i misreading the schematic. what changes in the firmware to activate the hot bed? . i want to make sure i did not change anything inadvertently. Thanks for the big times savings. i am using the same rep rap full graphic display as well. next i am mouting two j heads to the keyholes on the carriage. 3D printing the adapters on my first printer.
Hi, I didn't activate the bed into the firmware because I've a GRM heated bed with independent control.
The Rumba can control the heated bed but you have to activate the feature into the firmware, sorry I cant tell you more, I'm very busy these times.

Giovanni
Capt K

Post by Capt K »

I figured out my own problem. i did not have the hot end thermistors connected yet so..Without the thermistors connected for the hot ends the temperature reads 0 degrees which give me a min temp error. when i hooked them up i them got a max temp error because they read 358 degrees because the thermistor wires were shorted against the heating block on both heads. So then I got that cleaned up using insulating washers the bed turned on. I also read the rumba wiring diagram again and saw it wants an additional 12Volt input at the power input port and that is the power that is supplied to the heatbed when activated.