Seam Gap CubeX Trio

MBennett

Re: Seam Gap CubeX Trio

Post by MBennett »

Giovanni V. wrote:[quote="MBennett]
KS v1.5 windows 32bit
cubeitmod 491
Printing in ABS

Did you adjust the flow tweak before you try to find the settings of the seam ?
No idea, it was a few weeks back when I followed the cubexupgrade instructions.

Thanks for your help, can't print till Monday but can change settings. and sorry if nothing here makes sense i've typed this 5 times now.
Cubeitmod 4.91is an old version and cannot work properly with the latest versions of KS.

Please use Cubeitmod 6.05 and install it with all the files that are into the zip file.
Follow the instructions.

When this is done, measure with a caliper the diameter of your filment and set it into the matl tab.
Then print with infill = vase and 1 loop, measure the thickness of wall on the last part of the path ( the first part of the path can be affected by inappropriate M227/228 settings ).
Adjust the flow tweak to have the good wall thickness ( if you're using original cubex hotend you must have 0.5mm).
When this is done you can start the tests for M227/&228 ( seam parameters )[/quote][/quote][/quote][/quote][/quote]

Hi, sorry for the late reply. I Haven't had the chance to print anything for the last few days.

Since upgrading to Cubeitmod 6.05 the printer has worked perfectly (except for overhangs).

link to images of prints: (This will be in another post when i have time)

I'm also having the problem of where the extruders warm up, there is a collection pot at the back of the machine that the nozzle runs over knocking off the excess filament (there is a spring that is used to knock it off). The printer is currently warming the extruder just in front of the collection area, meaning it is a pain to clean. Is there anyway to adjust this (this is on the Y axis), and is there any improvements to the prints from looking at the images.

Thanks for your help.
Giovanni V.

Post by Giovanni V. »

MBennett wrote: I'm also having the problem of where the extruders warm up, there is a collection pot at the back of the machine that the nozzle runs over knocking off the excess filament (there is a spring that is used to knock it off). The printer is currently warming the extruder just in front of the collection area, meaning it is a pain to clean. Is there anyway to adjust this (this is on the Y axis), and is there any improvements to the prints from looking at the images.

On the Cubex go into "Offset" menu and change the position.
MBennett

Post by MBennett »

Thanks the offset worked!

But the prints have gone backwards...

Left: print before a setting was changed (don't know which one)
middle: cubex trio 1
right: cubex trio 2

see image below.
matl tab below as well

Thanks for your help
Attachments
Screenshot_2.jpg
Screenshot_2.jpg (68.28 KiB) Viewed 1602 times
Latest prints
Latest prints
Giovanni V.

Post by Giovanni V. »

If you still have the bak file of the good part you can look inside and find all the parameters.