CubeItMod6.05 Materials Issues

gollumses

CubeItMod6.05 Materials Issues

Post by gollumses »

Hey Folks,

New to 3D Printing, but not to tech.

Got a new CubeX (single extruder). Worked through most issues (Not Reading USB, Filament Flow, blah, blah, blah. I know you all have been there). It took a couple of days, a multimeter, a 2.5 pound sledge, and my size 13 boot, but I got it printing pretty well as from factory. I wanted to make sure it was working okay as a baseline before making any mods. I designed a bunch of stupid little clips in Invent, that were fairly precise, but wouldn't use a lot of filament. Built and saved them as .cubex files.

Started from upgradecubex.com, so I was using KisSlicer 1.5 and CubeItMod 4.91. Initially, I only found 6.03, but saw issues, so I didn't download it. I found a link in a video Giovanni Posted, and ....

Downloaded KisSlicer v1.5 (again) and CubeItModV6.05. Everything seemed pretty easy and straightforward.

I have a roll of PLA I bought from Ron Leung at Justfilaments.com. It is the 1.6mm CubeX Hack Filament (I didn't want to initially worry about filament feed issues). It measures right at 1.6mm for (at least) the first two feet. At first, there were no options for Material (other than the 3Dink Sample). I looked at the materials.ini file, and that was the only thing there (from v6.05 .zip). I still had the materials.ini file from the CubeItModv4.91 download (which had multiple materials listed), so I replaced the new materials.ini file with the old one. Bingo, the full list appears. Problem is, anything but "ABS CUBEX Thickness 0.1 - in Ext1" turns red.

I have read through the forums, watched videos, read .pdfs. Please forgive me if I missed something simple (as is usually the case with me and tech at 3am). Also, is anybody else using the same filament?

Any help is always greatly appreciated - Mike
rantzaus

Re: CubeItMod6.05 Materials Issues

Post by rantzaus »

When changing material in the materiel tab, you need to change it in the extruder tab as well.
It only turns red to let you know that the chosen materiel ain't directed to any extruder yet.