New Version CubeItModV6.05

rbien1

Re: New Version CubeItModV6.05

Post by rbien1 »

All better now.
There seem to be some inconsistency with my CubeX PLA filament. It's not breaking but must be getting old.
When I ran the same prints with MatterHacker ABS filament all was better. The infill looks normal now.
I got to keep in mind how much difference the filament can make.

Playing now with some more challenging prints. On small sections and small parts, the Crowning threshold can make quite a difference on the print outcome. On some small pieces it sometimes seems better to have a larger crowning threshold so the perimeter stays uninterrupted and does not get broken up with a Crown path which can be seen when scrolling thru the printlayers.
It can be quite helpful and time saving looking closely thru the printlayers before printing. KS does sometimes some wired stuff.

Thanks for all your help.
SAM_5958.JPG
joestefano

Post by joestefano »

What setting will help close up these gaps especially on the short section (pic2) matterhackers PLA
Attachments
screen.jpg
pic2.jpg
pic1.jpg
Giovanni V.

Post by Giovanni V. »

joestefano wrote:What setting will help close up these gaps especially on the short section (pic2) matterhackers PLA

Hi,
first set M228P = 0
use M228P only when you have a blob at the beginning of the path.

if you still have holes reduce the speed M227S 0.03-0.02 and also the total length M227P 0.1-0.15, if one of these parameters is too big you may have some air aspirated into the noozle.
joestefano

Post by joestefano »

Giovanni, I worked all day printing the "fine tune" file. the only problem I have now is that after the first layer which is good and after the head returns from the heating position the 2nd layer is lacking right at the start by a very small amount. All the rest of the layers are fine.
Attachments
screen2.jpg
screen.jpg
pic1.jpg
Giovanni V.

Post by Giovanni V. »

joestefano wrote:Giovanni, I worked all day printing the "fine tune" file. the only problem I have now is that after the first layer which is good and after the head returns from the heating position the 2nd layer is lacking right at the start by a very small amount. All the rest of the layers are fine.
Hi,
print 2 parts, this way you see how M227 228 works when the head make long distances.

M227P should be equal or larger than M228S.

Your flow tweak is too high there's a problem somewhere ( filament diameter, extruded wall width, voltage of extruder...)
joestefano

Post by joestefano »

I set my voltage at 1.6 with a heat sink. can it be set to high?
Giovanni V.

Post by Giovanni V. »

joestefano wrote:I set my voltage at 1.6 with a heat sink. can it be set to high?
No, I run 1.8V with heat sink.
joestefano

Post by joestefano »

The parameters for the Solid path are now : Solid% ( into Matl tab ), ShortSolid%, Exp, VShift, HShift, HighLimit
Giovanni, can you define the above terms please?
joestefano

Post by joestefano »

To have a perfect solid surface on short, medium and long paths
Also, what defines "short, medium, and long paths

Is there a glossary for all the terms that are being created?
Giovanni V.

Post by Giovanni V. »

joestefano wrote:
To have a perfect solid surface on short, medium and long paths
Also, what defines "short, medium, and long paths

Is there a glossary for all the terms that are being created?
Hi,
You better use the excel file to see what those parameters do.
The lengths of short, medium and long paths varies in function of the parameters you use.

Medium length is the main length, on the medium length Cubeitmod calculate with the following parameters how to increase the xy speed when the path become shorter : solid%, Exp, VShift, HShift.

If the path is very short the xy speed becomes very high and the cubex cant move at such speed, with MaxSpeed you can set the limit for the speed increase. To see how long is the longest short path you can see into the CubeItMod's end of process message the PivotLength or into the Excel file if you set SolidShort% to 100 the flat line at the beginning of the curb shows you all the "Short" lengths for the parameters you're using.
For the Short lengths CubeItmod cant increase the speed, the speed is maintained to MaxSpeed but the RPM are reduced, this RPM reduction is set by SolidShort%.

Long paths are not always used, if you see that with your parameters you have too much extrusion when the paths are maybe 60mm or more, you can use HighLimit to stop the increase of RPM/XYSpeed ratio, to do this HighLimit must be smaller than VShift, using the Excel file you see when HighLimit starts to push down the curb, where the curb is pushed down by HighLimit is considerate Longh path,