New Version CubeItModV6.05

Giovanni V.

Re: New Version CubeItModV6.05

Post by Giovanni V. »

joestefano wrote:
To have a perfect solid surface on short, medium and long paths
Also, what defines "short, medium, and long paths

Is there a glossary for all the terms that are being created?
Hi,
You better use the excel file to see what those parameters do.
The lengths of short, medium and long paths varies in function of the parameters you use.

Medium length is the main length, on the medium length Cubeitmod calculate with the following parameters how to increase the xy speed when the path become shorter : solid%, Exp, VShift, HShift.

If the path is very short the xy speed becomes very high and the cubex cant move at such speed, with MaxSpeed you can set the limit for the speed increase. To see how long is the longest short path you can see into the CubeItMod's end of process message the PivotLength or into the Excel file if you set SolidShort% to 100 the flat line at the beginning of the curb shows you all the "Short" lengths for the parameters you're using.
For the Short lengths CubeItmod cant increase the speed, the speed is maintained to MaxSpeed but the RPM are reduced, this RPM reduction is set by SolidShort%.

Long paths are not always used, if you see that with your parameters you have too much extrusion when the paths are maybe 60mm or more, you can use HighLimit to stop the increase of RPM/XYSpeed ratio, to do this HighLimit must be smaller than VShift, using the Excel file you see when HighLimit starts to push down the curb, where the curb is pushed down by HighLimit is considerate Longh path,
joestefano

Post by joestefano »

Wow, If I were ten feet tall what you just wrote would still be over my head. LOL Thank you for the explanation. I will play around with the Excel file
jaydie

Post by jaydie »

I have been using v6.05 for a while suddenly it was gone in my computer, I tried to re download the file from this thread and it was detect as virus (Artemis!2A0E01316705). Anybody had experience this?
Giovanni V.

Post by Giovanni V. »

jaydie wrote:I have been using v6.05 for a while suddenly it was gone in my computer, I tried to re download the file from this thread and it was detect as virus (Artemis!2A0E01316705). Anybody had experience this?

Maybe the file was corrupted, I've uploaded a new one, try and let me know.
jaydie

Post by jaydie »

Giovanni V. wrote: Maybe the file was corrupted, I've uploaded a new one, try and let me know.
Thanks, no more virus alert.
evekites

Post by evekites »

What is the latest version of CubitMod for OSx (Mac) and where can I download it.

At this point I'm using CubitNet.app 4.91, is this the same as CubitMod?

With regards

Erik
Giovanni V.

Post by Giovanni V. »

evekites wrote:What is the latest version of CubitMod for OSx (Mac) and where can I download it.

With regards

Erik
The last cubeitnet is the 6.03, I've just sent a message to Peter to ask if he can translate the 6.05.
At the moment I suggest you to use Cubeitmod6.05 into a windows emulator because the 6.05 is a lot better than 6.03.
joestefano

Post by joestefano »

Giovanni, what is cubeitnet?
Giovanni V.

Post by Giovanni V. »

joestefano wrote:Giovanni, what is cubeitnet?
Cubeitnet is a translation of Cubeitmod's source into a Mac program, Peter Gregory made such translations for each major Cubeitmod release.
This way, Mac users can run the post-processor without a PC emulator.
Giovanni V.

Post by Giovanni V. »

evekites wrote:What is the latest version of CubitMod for OSx (Mac) and where can I download it.

With regards

Erik
Just got a message from Peter right now, he is very busy but he will do the Mac conversion for the version 6.05.