New Version CubeItModV6.05

Giovanni V.

Re: New Version CubeItModV6.05

Post by Giovanni V. »

Without an heated bed you can only print small parts with ABS because it has high shrinkage rate.
mcirri

Post by mcirri »

Giovanni V. wrote:Without an heated bed you can only print small parts with ABS because it has high shrinkage rate.
Can You suggest a specific heated bed? What do you have?
Giovanni V.

Post by Giovanni V. »

mcirri wrote:
Giovanni V. wrote:Without an heated bed you can only print small parts with ABS because it has high shrinkage rate.
Mine is form "GRM products", it's pretty expensive but it's built for the Cubex, easy to install and works well.
If you have time and have the knowledge you can install a Reprap or similar heated bed.
mcirri

Post by mcirri »

Giovanni V. wrote:
mcirri wrote:
Mine is form "GRM products", it's pretty expensive but it's built for the Cubex, easy to install and works well.
If you have time and have the knowledge you can install a Reprap or similar heated bed.
Giovanni, if I well remember you wrote somewhere that you have higher voltage to your feeder motor. Am I right? How can you do that?
I am thinking to get the z-level sensor from http://www.cubexupgrade.com/produit/z-stopper/. Does it work as intended? How can you use third party wires? Like the colorfabb?
Giovanni V.

Post by Giovanni V. »

mcirri wrote: Giovanni, if I well remember you wrote somewhere that you have higher voltage to your feeder motor. Am I right? How can you do that?
I am thinking to get the z-level sensor from http://www.cubexupgrade.com/produit/z-stopper/. Does it work as intended? How can you use third party wires? Like the colorfabb?
This is about the voltage :

viewtopic.php?f=20&t=799&p=3948&hilit=motor#p3923

The z-stopper is a very good product.

To use third party filament just feed the Cubex with it. With Kisslicer + Cubeitmod you dont need to have cardridges inserted to print.
As the Cubex has an extruder with fixed pitch you just have to pay attention to the diameter of the filament, 1.75 +/- 0.05 is good , if you increase the voltage you can also go with 1.75 +/- 0.1.
When you change the filament you also must find the good parameters ( temperarure, m227, m228,...).
mcirri

Post by mcirri »

Giovanni V. wrote:
mcirri wrote: Giovanni, if I well remember you wrote somewhere that you have higher voltage to your feeder motor. Am I right? How can you do that?
This is about the voltage :

viewtopic.php?f=20&t=799&p=3948&hilit=motor#p3923

The z-stopper is a very good product.

To use third party filament just feed the Cubex with it. With Kisslicer + Cubeitmod you dont need to have cardridges inserted to print.
As the Cubex has an extruder with fixed pitch you just have to pay attention to the diameter of the filament, 1.75 +/- 0.05 is good , if you increase the voltage you can also go with 1.75 +/- 0.1.
When you change the filament you also must find the good parameters ( temperarure, m227, m228,...).
Thanks for all the info. When you print with the second nozzle or the two nozzles is it sufficient for the solid to be withing the print volume in kisslice for it to print properly? What is the 2nd nozzle offset in the kisslice settings for? mine is set to 0. Is this right?

Thanks again, you are a super valuable source of info.
Giovanni V.

Post by Giovanni V. »

mcirri wrote: When you print with the second nozzle or the two nozzles is it sufficient for the solid to be withing the print volume in kisslice for it to print properly? What is the 2nd nozzle offset in the kisslice settings for? mine is set to 0. Is this right?
To print with the second extruder you can use "Ext Map" tab to assign Ext1 or Ext2 to particular paths or if you have an object with multiple meshes you can use the "Extruder Mapping" window to assign an extruder to a mesh.

You better set the offset from the Cubex control panel as described into Cubex manual ans leave KS offset 0.
mcirri

Post by mcirri »

Giovanni V. wrote:
mcirri wrote: When you print with the second nozzle or the two nozzles is it sufficient for the solid to be withing the print volume in kisslice for it to print properly? What is the 2nd nozzle offset in the kisslice settings for? mine is set to 0. Is this right?
To print with the second extruder you can use "Ext Map" tab to assign Ext1 or Ext2 to particular paths or if you have an object with multiple meshes you can use the "Extruder Mapping" window to assign an extruder to a mesh.

You better set the offset from the Cubex control panel as described into Cubex manual ans leave KS offset 0.
Giovanni,
Thanks. As said you are a super valuable expert.
The first part of my question was more on the definition of the size of the print pad and print area. I tried slicing and printing the same thing for which I sent pictures, but with PLA. So I used the second nozzle that has PLA installed but found out that I had to adjust the print area. Otherwise, even if the print was inside, my cubex hit the limit on the left. So I had to twitch the size and origin a bit to make it cover the area properly.

It would be good to know better about the way kisslice and cubex handle the coordinates.
gastonfama

Post by gastonfama »

The bed size is reduced when you use the second extruder. Even more with the third extruder. But I think Kisslicer is not aware of that.
mcirri

Post by mcirri »

I finally installed a heated bed in my CubeX Duo printer. I am using increased voltage to 1.5V. I am about to do my first print, is there any recommended setting so that Kisslicer considers the heated bed temperature?

Moreover, I still struggle to understand how to make a precise placement of a device on the bed. I am not targeting sub-millimiter accuracy but I'd like to be accurate to the mm. Can I measure a point on the glass surface and then place the first nozzle on it and read the coordinate from the screen?
How can I accurately place the models in Kissslice, they seem to be placed somewhat automatically.

Thanks in advance for your answers.