Cube - Filament, chip work around

Epop

Cube - Filament, chip work around

Post by Epop »

As suggested in another thread, I'm going to go into modifying the 3D Systems CubePro to use Bulk filament instead of the 3D Systems chipped cheap crap excessively overpriced filament... and... it starts with a quote-
For the chip hacking attemps I guess I am done for now. I have tried several options, including writing this company http://www.wctek.com/shop/ they have a chip resetter for Da Vinci cartridges but they explained it won't work on ours and he doesn't own a cubepro to develop one (I bet he never will). The programmer I have been in contact with offers to create a firmware for a similar microcontroller to reset the chips. He considers it would take 30-40 hrs to build ($12/hr). However, he is very honest about the circumstances (he doesn't own a cube either) and can't do any testings so it would still be experimental and may or may not work. I have paid for his assistance so far but this is out my budget :cry:
I took this as they asked but they didn't have room in the budget to pay these guys to make an EEPROM resetter or chip emulator for the Cube pro. I can have them start the R&D process, if not finish it. So that's where I'm going with this...

IF ANYONE has already started this process please let us know so were not paying R&D costs & having the work done twice.

Thanks,
Ethan...
3D Systems - CubePro Trio (triple head printer)
--Modified to RepRap standards using Duet and the x4 expansion
-e3d Kraken, heated bed added.
Kisslicer Pro licenced
martini

Re: Cube - Filament, chip work around

Post by martini »

Hi Ethan,

Thanks for starting this new thread. I made a video and a pdf explaining my most relevant findings out of many experiments I made trying to hack the printer and chips. I can share them with you if think they can be of any help. I get some of the erratic behavior supposedly caused by kisslicer too but I never changed the codes, just the headers... so this programmer guy and I have come to believe that there might be a hardware reaction to the slightest mismatch. Everything from its slicer, supports, cartridges, chips and "safety instructions" are designed to waste their already overpriced material. I would have been a loyal client but this is scam and I don't want to afford 3dsys measurements to forcefully keep their clients. I'd gladly help with testings and maybe we can pay collectively for this research.
Epop

Post by Epop »

martini wrote:Hi Ethan,

Thanks for starting this new thread. I made a video and a pdf explaining my most relevant findings out of many experiments I made trying to hack the printer and chips. I can share them with you if think they can be of any help. I get some of the erratic behavior supposedly caused by kisslicer too but I never changed the codes, just the headers... so this programmer guy and I have come to believe that there might be a hardware reaction to the slightest mismatch. Everything from its slicer, supports, cartridges, chips and "safety instructions" are designed to waste their already overpriced material. I would have been a loyal client but this is scam and I don't want to afford 3dsys measurements to forcefully keep their clients. I'd gladly help with testings and maybe we can pay collectively for this research.
You're welcome. :)
I lose some steps( the printer loses its location) but it seems inconsistent... on some attempts it will skip teeth on the belt while returning home after I cancel a print or at program end, other times it behaves as it should. I did one rook and It lost position @over ~10mm but that was weeks ago now. I mostly print "finetune.stl" because its a pretty fast print while I mess around with the printer. but I haven't done much testing with taller parts. I can believe 3DS has dome something to break attempts but its just another defect in the product we need to fix.

I pulled my CubePro apart today and there was a SD card with a bunch of files on it... I'm going to see if I can edit them to remove checks for filament & the force writes to the filament chips.

I'll let you know if I figure anything out.
Kisslicer Pro licenced
martini

Post by martini »

That is a great idea. It seems that not only the chip has to be reset but it will be necessary to make the printer "forget" it ever saw that chip's serial number as commented on this post http://haveblue.org/?p=1665#comments
Epop

Post by Epop »

I did find these guys but forgot about it because they don't have a CubePro device.

(for you guys with CubeX)
http://www.cube3dfree.com
Kisslicer Pro licenced
martini

Post by martini »

Epop wrote:I did find these guys but forgot about it because they don't have a CubePro device.

(for you guys with CubeX)
http://www.cube3dfree.com

There are posts from cube3dfree everywhere but I don't see them getting good responses and it looks like their device doesn't really work. I read people claiming the chips still get overwritten. Does anybody have any experience using this device?

I read your comment on printers being spied via internet and that makes a lot of sense. I only erased the material length, didn't use kisslicer, and printed with no internet connection but I got the same erratic behavior as always, better described by you:
Epop wrote: Mine will go through the init just fine, purge/wipe correctly, but when it starts to build it would not extrude, just go through all the motions as if it were printing air(actually runs whole program without extruding). so find&replace M208 with M108 and its back to running.
Although I don't have a M208 code to fix, they are all M108 :?

The updated software now creates .vmf files containing the headers along with the cubepro file. A bug -I guess because it definitely wasn't me- gave me a .vmf file without material length information and the printer didn't even ask for a cartridge but it behaved like this:
Yodajammies wrote: The cubepro accepts the code, heats the chamber and then starts the print but remains on the "heating chamber" screen. Then it does a weird 3-dimensional move that has the head traveling in the x and y axis while dropping the z an inch or so.
My guess is that you guys could be really close to using kisslicer correctly and you may want to test keeping the original headers or at least keep material length information, it looks like the printer goes crazy without it.
prof2meca

Post by prof2meca »

Hello i am a french teacher in electronic

I bought a card for my cubepro duo

The card dosn't work !!!

It is a shame and the seller said that i don't know how to use it

now i have a litige on paypal, don't buy this expensive sheet
prof2meca

Post by prof2meca »

Be careful of CUBE3DFREE

It a liar and a thief

He sells an expensive shit, don't trust him !!!!!