This forum

funBart

Re: This forum

Post by funBart »

Great this is running now! I had the feeling I was pulling a dead horse maintaining the Kisslicer Refugee Camp the last year. Not satisfying at all.

I hope this forum got better vibes!

BurnOutBart
Bart ter Haar
CraftBot PLUS support: https://www.CraftBot.nl
plexus
Site Admin

Post by plexus »

It's moving along. at least here people can create threads and keep posts better organized. I've installed google analytics. soon I will get tapatalk running and a reputation system. there are some additional mods I want to install on the admin side for DB backups etc. I will highlight all changes in the updates/changes thread.

If you have any suggestions for forum organization let me know.

For example, should we have separate forums for printer models? on one hand I see the benefit of this but on the other there are risks. namely, it could really fragment the info posted in that there may be posts in a printer-specific forum that is really general info and so may be missed by others.

thoughts?
funBart

Post by funBart »

1.(under "hardware specific") A subsection with working printer profiles would be great. (together with the language files and printer stl models).
2. Maybe the subforum "bug reporting" could be removed, as I would expect it under "beta releases". Maybe the "alfa releases" section isnt necessairy
3 The section "troubleshooting" maybe splitted for new users and experienced users. Maybe a section for new users together with the manual of Davide. Could be combined with general problems, as adhesion to the Bed, bonding layers, warping etc.
4 I can imagine some subsections for printers, as mainly the BfB / cubeX users have very specific needs. Maybe call it "Cubeitmod"
5 maybe a subsection for postprocessors, as cleaners, GPX, KissInColor.
6 maybe a subforum for PRO functions, mainly targeting the possibilities / problems with multi extruders
7 a subsection FAQ, or, maybe better, a revive of the wiki as started by many already.
8 maybe link to the Poll made by Chris under Feature / future requests
9. a section about (CAD) modellers, repairing stl's etc.

It seems that now the wrong-spelled words are recognized when posting, but there's no suggestion to change them by right clicking. Would be handy for us foreigners. (although you are foreigners to us).

Although I'm subscribed to subforums, I'm not able to get email updates about it. Do I miss a setting?
Is it possible to post via email as well?

ForeignBart
Bart ter Haar
CraftBot PLUS support: https://www.CraftBot.nl
0110-m-p

Post by 0110-m-p »

3 The section "troubleshooting" maybe splitted for new users and experienced users. Maybe a section for new users together with the manual of Davide. Could be combined with general problems, as adhesion to the Bed, bonding layers, warping etc.
I like this idea...almost an initial setup trouble shooting section and a regular everything else trouble shooting section
4 I can imagine some subsections for printers, as mainly the BfB / cubeX users have very specific needs. Maybe call it "Cubeitmod"
Might be nice to have a delta printer specific sub-section as well.
6 maybe a subforum for PRO functions, mainly targeting the possibilities / problems with multi extruders
I like the idea of having an advanced/expert settings section, but not necessarily PRO only features. Would give a specific place to discuss more advanced things like some of the new support settings that are in Beta in addition to the PRO features.
Printer: Rostock Max w/ E3D V5 hotend and lots of upgrades/modifications
Bobby O'Seal

Post by Bobby O'Seal »

I made it!!!!
i cant wait to pick the brains of all you users.
:D
Bob
Garry Bartsch

Post by Garry Bartsch »

This forum is awesome! Posts are starting to pour in. Great work Plexus! Thank you ..
"And when people stop caring, that's when crime breeds, and criminals take over." Beavis
plexus
Site Admin

Post by plexus »

Garry Bartsch wrote:This forum is awesome! Posts are starting to pour in. Great work Plexus! Thank you ..

youre welcome. my pleasure.
Mikk36

Post by Mikk36 »

So how about the things you mentioned in the first post?
plexus
Site Admin

Post by plexus »

Mikk36 wrote:So how about the things you mentioned in the first post?
Patience, grasshopper.
Matt W

Post by Matt W »

Plexus,
Is there a setting or something to show which topics have new posts I haven't read?

Sorry never mind....I see how it works now.