rc car track conversion

Isaac_alaska

rc car track conversion

Post by Isaac_alaska »

fully 3d printed track conversion for my RC car, including the rubber tracks (ninja-flex)
total of 88 ball bearings in the set.
Attachments
photo (3).JPG
photo (2).JPG
Garry Bartsch

Re: rc car track conversion

Post by Garry Bartsch »

I like this. Nice job!
"And when people stop caring, that's when crime breeds, and criminals take over." Beavis
Isaac_alaska

Post by Isaac_alaska »

thanks! i made a wider set of tracks for it and a jackstand for working on it (printed, of course!)

ultimate snow vehicle

trying to attach the pics

*edit*
does anyone else get the little dimples when it starts a new layer? any idea how to fix it? i guess it's a seam hiding setting, but i dont' really know what settings to use. i'm using .15 layer height and .4mm extrusion width, with a .35 mm (i think?) nozzle.
it seems like the extruder motor starts at full speed but the head accelerates at some given rate, which causes over-extrusion at the very beginning of each start. i dont' know how to fix this though
Attachments
photo 3.JPG
photo 2.JPG
photo 1.JPG
PenskeGuy

Post by PenskeGuy »

Yep, those are layer start blobs. Have yet to find any way to get rid of them. They happen when the head comes down after a traverse. There's always some residual material on the head surface, even if you have a "perfect" destring. The longer the traverse, the more ooze during it. I had hoped that the Seam Hiding and Gap would have alleviated much of this but they don't seem to have had much influence.
Yinzer

Post by Yinzer »

That is bad azz my friend. I printed some tires with the ninjaflex too, pretty darn tuff! Too hard for concrete, more like having drifting tires. Nice work!
GeckospotNixie

Post by GeckospotNixie »

I have done every thing I can think of to get rid of the blobs there are really bad with PLA.
I have not gone back and tried it yet but in looking at things that I printed with KS 1.2.0.1a it did not do this.
The prints would have a small gap but no blobs.
I think that all this came up when Jonathan fix the seam hiding and gap.
MendelMax 1.5, SeeMeCNC Rostock MAX V2