Bed size

Davide Ardizzoia

Bed size

Post by Davide Ardizzoia »

Given a bed size of 300x200, if I try to print an object of the same size, it gets offset about 2mm into negative space.
To bring it back to positive values, I must set the plate about 4mm wider/deeper.

.....WHY ?

Best Regards
Davide Ardizzoia
inventabuild

Re: Bed size

Post by inventabuild »

If I pick the xy center of my bed with number of extruders = 2, my prints are way off center. Wondering if that's part of the same problem or if I need to do some math to find the bed center with dual extruders.
hoolito

Re: Bed size

Post by hoolito »

Davide Ardizzoia wrote:Given a bed size of 300x200, if I try to print an object of the same size, it gets offset about 2mm into negative space.
To bring it back to positive values, I must set the plate about 4mm wider/deeper.
I tested all possible Windows versions up to 1.5 beta 2.7 with the same results.
I think this is part of a wider weird behaviour...
  • - If I load an object of the same size as the bed, it gets displayed centred on X an offset into negative Y. The grid turns red and the positioning sliders do not work. Slicing generates negative X coordinates, which makes belts slip
    - If I load an object 1 tenth of a millimeter smaller than the bed bounds, it gets displayed in negative X AND negative Y!!. Grid is also red and positioning sliders do not work
    - If the object is 2mm smaller than the bed bounds, it gets displayed centred on Y and offset into negative X. Grid red, positioning also does not work
Making the bed a couple more millimeters bigger does not help. Grid gets blue and sliders begin to work only when I make the bed 21mm bigger in X and 25mm bigger in Y.
Skirt/Pillar/Raft settings are set all to none.

So this still needs fixing I guess... (?)

FANTASTIC SLICER BY THE WAY!!