M command above 199

frozen.rabbit

Re: M command above 199

Post by frozen.rabbit »

I've briefly used EMC2 to print. No issues that you seem to be having.

How large are your gcode files? Can you get anything small like a calibration cube to load in EMC2?

Can you zip and post a copy of your gcode?

Are you changing E to A in the gcode for the extruder? That can be done in KS under Printer>Extruder hardware tab.
brosskgm

Post by brosskgm »

I also included the stl file. I had to recreate the gcode file since it didn't work I had deleted it.
frozen.rabbit wrote:I've briefly used EMC2 to print. No issues that you seem to be having.

How large are your gcode files? Can you get anything small like a calibration cube to load in EMC2?

Are you changing E to A in the gcode for the extruder? That can be done in KS under Printer>Extruder hardware tab.
Attachments
conconants.zip
(603.87 KiB) Downloaded 147 times
brosskgm

Post by brosskgm »

No I didn't change the E to A - This is the first I heard about this. I will. Thanks.
frozen.rabbit wrote:I've briefly used EMC2 to print. No issues that you seem to be having.

frozen.rabbit

Post by frozen.rabbit »

Try loading this file.

I commented out all T and M lines, changed E to A for the extruder.

I am able to load it in MACH3 without errors.

I suggest working with calibration cubes or a smaller stl model to get your print and slice settings dialed in.
Attachments
consonants.zip
(356.21 KiB) Downloaded 158 times
brosskgm

Post by brosskgm »

With LinuxCNC, I get an error: Near line 196 Bad character "a" used.

I don't have any windows machines to try Mach3. I removed all windows on our systems & laptops about 8 years ago.

Thanks for trying to help.
frozen.rabbit wrote:Try loading this file.

I suggest working with calibration cubes or a smaller stl model to get your print and slice settings dialed in.
frozen.rabbit

Post by frozen.rabbit »

It's been a while since i printed with EMC2, I thought the 4 axis was "A", but it may be another letter for the extruder. Does your EMC2 show the 4th axis on the work window? It should show what letter the 4th axis is.
brosskgm

Post by brosskgm »

When I comment ; out the lines with the error, it would seem that any line with A.00... keeps causing the bad character error.

I need to give up on a conversion.

I'll just have to work on another way to get this done or find someone with a 3D printer and get them to print the crazy thing.

I've already spent the last couple days on this and for something I don't normally do it's just beyond my comfort level to
continue. I wouldn't even have a CNC if my son didn't buy me one after he saw the chemical bath's and developing process
used for the PCBs one off's.

Thanks again.
Bob
frozen.rabbit wrote:Try loading this file.

frozen.rabbit

Post by frozen.rabbit »

Are you able to move the extruder stepper in EMC2? A is the value of the 4th axis from what i can find online. It shouldn't error flag A values.

EMC2 should be in XYZA(4 axis mill) mode.
brosskgm

Post by brosskgm »

No, never had to for PCBs.

I only have 3 axis

Every line with A error's. Could have something to do with having only 3 axis. In the settings there is only XYZ that
I could see.
frozen.rabbit wrote:Are you able to move the extruder stepper in EMC2? A is the value of the 4th axis from what i can find online. It shouldn't error flag A values.

EMC2 should be in XYZA(4 axis mill) mode.
frozen.rabbit

Post by frozen.rabbit »

What do you have set up for your extruder and heating?

You have to have a 4 axis configuration to print. "A" is what controls the extruder stepper.