M command above 199

brosskgm

Re: M command above 199

Post by brosskgm »

LinuxCNC does not use heating. All heating commented out because it would error on those stating the M command was higher
than 199. Was told to moment all heating out because LinuxCNC doesn't recognise heating.

The Extruder’s are 1, and first at default A on axis, then I was told to change that to E but did not help.

frozen.rabbit wrote:What do you have set up for your extruder and heating?

You have to have a 4 axis configuration to print. "A" is what controls the extruder stepper.
frozen.rabbit

Post by frozen.rabbit »

I know EMC2 doesn't control heating. I am asking what your setup is for heat, how are you controlling the heat to the print hotend?

You have to configure EMC2 to be XYZA 4 axis mill or you will not be able to print anything.
brosskgm

Post by brosskgm »

For the temperature under material the main says 250, diameter 3mm the rest is grayed out, I even try to take the 250 or put 0 in but it still puts it all in the gcode so I manually comment that section out.

I'll work into creating a new config for LinuxCNC with 4 axis so I don't mess with the config for the PCB boards.
I'm not really understanding this. I only have 3 axis inputs on the controller, it won't see the 4th axis at all.

Thanks
Bob

frozen.rabbit wrote:I know EMC2 doesn't control heating. I am asking what your setup is for heat, how are you controlling the heat to the print hotend?

You have to configure EMC2 to be XYZA 4 axis mill or you will not be able to print anything.
brosskgm

Post by brosskgm »

It's not a 3D printer. It's a CNC machine.
frozen.rabbit wrote:I know EMC2 doesn't control heating. I am asking what your setup is for heat, how are you controlling the heat to the print hotend?

frozen.rabbit

Post by frozen.rabbit »

Then what exactly are you trying to do?

Do you have an extruder connected to your machine? Do you have electronics for controlling the heat of the hotend?

Printing is absolutely a 4 axis process.
brosskgm

Post by brosskgm »

A simple set of keys and pieces. The main attached.

It was mentioned I should be able to cut them with a CNC setup without the need of a 3D printer.
But it's looking more like I'll just have to send it out.

frozen.rabbit wrote:Then what exactly are you trying to do?

Do you have an extruder connected to your machine? Do you have electronics for controlling the heat of the hotend?

Printing is absolutely a 4 axis process.
Attachments
consonants.stl.zip
(202.98 KiB) Downloaded 125 times
frozen.rabbit

Post by frozen.rabbit »

Are you tring to CNC or 3d print? KISSlicer is for 3d printing, not CNC milling.
brosskgm

Post by brosskgm »

I was told it could create gcode for CNC milling. Even when I posted a picture of what I'm using no one said this.

Too funny. I've already reached out to a few folks with 3D printers.
frozen.rabbit wrote:Are you tring to CNC or 3d print? KISSlicer is for 3d printing, not CNC milling.
frozen.rabbit

Post by frozen.rabbit »

This being 3D PRINTING software AND a 3d printing forum, why would I think you were trying to generate CNC mill gcode, and not 3d printing gcode? There are plenty of people out there that have converted CNC mills to 3d printers.

I don't get your replies, you post as if several people have been trying to help you, when I am the only one that has been trying to help you.

The waste of my time, not so funny......
plexus
Site Admin

Post by plexus »

He asked to have his account deleted so I think he understands now.