Temp Tuning Calibrations

sinned6915

Temp Tuning Calibrations

Post by sinned6915 »

The temp tuning wizard seems to use the default material temperature to preheat instead of the lowest tuning value. I have little to no variation in my tuning cubes regarsdless of my temp ranges. I tried tuning PETG at 220-240 and 210-230 ranges.

When I looked into the gcode it seems that the initial layers are done at the default temp of 220 before lowering to 210 that I had set in the in the material profile.

Here is the temp log from Octoprint too. As you can see, it takes a while for the temp to drop from 220 to 210. I do have a nozzle purge section in my scripts, but I dont think it takes long enough for the temp to drop.

Here is a gcode file that I made to try and force the temps to 210 - 220 to try and get the layers not to stick or bond, but the print came out as nice as the 220-230 and 230-240 prints.

What can I do to get the printing more consistent with the temp for better correlation?

Thanks
Dennis
temp-log.png
bed-pic.png
bed-pic.png (542.76 KiB) Viewed 1223 times
Attachments
tuning-temp_petg_210-220.zip
(18.02 KiB) Downloaded 102 times
pjr

Re: Temp Tuning Calibrations

Post by pjr »

When tuning temperatures, I find it best to go from High to Low.

Doing this, I can set the low temp a lot lower and it's easy to see when it starts to fail.

You will probably find that the temp set in the start G-code is the one used for the preheat; it's not difficult to edit the output G-code file to set this value accordingly.

Peter