1.5 doesn't seem to pay any attention to the PRIME value

duaneh

1.5 doesn't seem to pay any attention to the PRIME value

Post by duaneh »

In Ver 1.5 (Release version), I can't see where the PRIME setting has any effect at all. I've tried it with values from 1.5 to 10, and the parts are identical. I also tried changing the Seam Hiding Gap, but I can't see any difference with it either. I tried 0.1 and 1.0. Both De-String and Wipe are checked. Is there something else I need to enable to make these work?

Also, the Min Layer setting doesn't really help. If I set it to a reasonable value, it just makes the head go slower, keeping the head in contact with the part and thus keeping it semi-liquid. What really needs to happen is for the head to print the layer, then move away from the part (with the fan on) to allow the just-printed layer to cool, and when the min time for the layer has expired, move back and print the next layer. As it is now, if I need to get very small parts to print (EXTREMELY DIFFICULT because of the first issue, above), I have to print many of them so that the print head doesn't dwell on any individual part for too long yet each part has time to cool before the head once again contacts it.
This is the best I can do with parts with small features.  The prime won't start the print, so gaps are left in the part.  Except for the point where the print starts for that layer, the print looks great.
This is the best I can do with parts with small features. The prime won't start the print, so gaps are left in the part. Except for the point where the print starts for that layer, the print looks great.
duaneh

Re: 1.5 doesn't seem to pay any attention to the PRIME value

Post by duaneh »

I'm now using v1.6 candidate 1.0 Win64. More information - something in Kissslicer is causing it to output the line M227 S8889 P8889, which appears to completely disable any destring (M227) output from Cubitmod. I can't find any value change that makes KS output anything but the 8889 values for M227. All the settings under de-string have no apparent effect on the output file that I can determine. What is going on with this, and how do I fix it? My prints are garbage the way things are.
Someone please respond to this!