Printing thin walled parts; jitter and replicates

jsryork

Printing thin walled parts; jitter and replicates

Post by jsryork »

Hi
I have a Kossel XL built from a kit from http://builda3dprinter.eu/. It works very well, with excellent positioning accuracy and reproducibility.
I am using Kisslicer 1.5 Pro.
I am having two issues printing models with thin (0.4mm) walls, which create just a single path.

Issue 1.
With single path walls (tseam_01_th0p4.gcode), I do not seem to get the seam hiding jitter to work at all. With thicker walls (tseam_01_th0p8.gcode), which create a double path, I see the jitter moving the start/stop for both loops at each layer. With a single path, the start/stop point is the same for all layers.

Issue 2.
When I position multiple copies of the model on the bed, printed simultaneously, typically all but one of them print with a gap at the start/stop point, after the first layer. This leads to a fracture in the model. With one test I see:
1 copy - tseam_01_th0p4.gcode- prints OK
2 copies - tseam_01_2off_th0p4.gcode - the first is OK, the second has a fracture
3 copies - tseam_01_3off_th0p4.gcode- the first and second have fractures, the third is OK.
If I print 2 copies sequentially (tseam_01_2seq_th0p4.gcode) , they are both OK, so I am happy that the printer can reach and print all the areas of the models.

For the moment, I can print several parts sequentially, and the seam is strong and good looking enough. This will avoid the wait for the bed to cool/heat between lots of quick to print parts.

I would like to know if anyone else has seen effects like this, or knows a way to fix it.

Thanks

John
Attachments
tseam_to_forum.zip
Zip archive of STL, Gcode and JPG files
(5.84 MiB) Downloaded 126 times