Z roof / Z floor ?

MorganTH

Z roof / Z floor ?

Post by MorganTH »

Hello.

I want to sugest one new option. Let s imaginate a barrel with a specific part that is on the air like in the attach picture.
Is it possible to do something for create support just behind the the thin part and not in the barrel ? I though about the Z Roof Support but this just give us a minimum layer and in this case, will do support on an hard to remove zone. Can you introduce a Z Roof and Z " floor " to just allow to get parts which are beetween the two values ? Or an option that forbids to make supports on area with less than Xmm² ?

Sorry for my english.

Have a nice day.

Morgan.
The only part that i want to support
The only part that i want to support
The whole file
The whole file
alvis12

Re: Z roof / Z floor ?

Post by alvis12 »

MorganTH wrote:Hello.

I want to sugest one new option. Let s imaginate a barrel with a specific part that is on the air like in the attach picture.
Is it possible to do something for create support just behind the the thin part and not in the barrel ? I though about the Z Roof Support but this just give us a minimum layer and in this case, will do support on an hard to remove zone. Can you introduce a Z outer banks roof and Z " floor " to just allow to get parts which are beetween the two values ? Or an option that forbids to make supports on area with less than Xmm² ?

Sorry for my english.

Have a nice day.

Morgan.
patte.png
tuyere.png
Hello,
what is the z roof in this ?
Olivier13

Post by Olivier13 »

Hi
Have you try to design and add a part inside the barrel, then in KS/extruder map : use voïd on the mesh of the part you have designed?
Printer : A4v3 From 3ntr - 2 Extruders.
http://www.additec.fr
Olivier13

Post by Olivier13 »

MorganTH wrote: an option that forbids to make supports on area with less than Xmm² ?
could be very nice!!!

+1

my dream : manage support on 3D view...by using your parameter (ex : 4mm2), when you click somewhere on the support /or on sub surface/triangle of the part or on a summit (mesh/triangle) of the part, it disappear...and let a 4mm2 "hole" in the support structure

Jonathan? :D:D
Printer : A4v3 From 3ntr - 2 Extruders.
http://www.additec.fr