Bridge management

Ultim - Yoann

Bridge management

Post by Ultim - Yoann »

what about bridge management like in other slicer.
This is a very useful feature and that's why i need to use other slicer sometime.
I know this is not easy but have you planned to working on it ?

Ps : Sorry for my english, i'm french ^^ (thank google transalte)
lonesock

Re: Bridge management

Post by lonesock »

This is a common request, so it is on the list, just not for the 1.5 release. I can't promise a delivery date, sorry.

Does anyone have any workarounds that they use?

thanks,
Jonathan
Isaac_alaska

Post by Isaac_alaska »

one thing that i think would make a huge difference, at least for me, is a way to choose the starting angle of the infil. it seems by default it's always 45 degrees, and on a part that is long in the x or y axis, with bridging crossing the part on the short dimension, it would make a lot more sense for the infill to start at 0 or 90 degrees to the part axis, rather than 45 degrees. is there already a setting for this?
Phael

Post by Phael »

Oh this is the main feature that is still missing on Kisslicer.

It should detect that the print has no support under the printing layer, and then treat as a bridge. Just going strait as this part of the layer is made only of perimeters.
octocpp

Post by octocpp »

I was also asking for a similar functionality. Either the ability to choose which horizontal surfaces do not get support, or maybe be able to detect if it can automatically choose to not issue support if the width is smaller than suggested via the gui. This would help greatly with text, or something else of great detail that is on the glass.
On a small part like a key chain with text on it, you can simply turn support off and it bridges beautifully. However, if the text is on a larger part that needs support in many other areas you are out of luck.

Thanks,
Jeremy
Isaac_alaska

Post by Isaac_alaska »

The only workaround i have, is to print with thicker layers. with a .3mm nozzle, i can't really bridge at all with .1 or .15 layer height, but with .2 layers it bridges beautifully.
Ronin

Post by Ronin »

Hello! Any news about bridge management? It would be useful to enable FAN while printing bridges
rmat

Post by rmat »

Came across this today, one guy made very clever algorithm to improve bridging in cura witch already does bridging.
Maybe there is a way to implement this onto kiss oneday....maybe.
https://github.com/Ultimaker/CuraEngine/issues/50
Hope someone find it useful.