Brim/skirt to include support structure

frozen.rabbit

Brim/skirt to include support structure

Post by frozen.rabbit »

Would help support structure base stay attached to bed.

I have some models that for best print orientation there is only a very small contact point of the model to the bed.

Brim/skirt doesn't include support structure.

Currently using a 40mm brim to get a brim to reach out to the supports, Brim is only around model/bed contact point.
pjr

Re: Brim/skirt to include support structure

Post by pjr »

frozen.rabbit wrote:Would help support structure base stay attached to bed.

I have some models that for best print orientation there is only a very small contact point of the model to the bed.

Brim/skirt doesn't include support structure.

Currently using a 40mm brim to get a brim to reach out to the supports, Brim is only around model/bed contact point.
I have included this as a fault; it does cause failed prints.

Peter
hacker

Post by hacker »

And while we're at it it would probably make sense to print skirt before raft and supports.
abecker

Post by abecker »

hacker wrote:And while we're at it it would probably make sense to print skirt before raft and supports.
I put this in the fault section, viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2311&p=7305#p7305. I use the skirt to prime the nozzle and by printing the supports first I sometimes get a part of supports that don't stick
pjr

Post by pjr »

abecker wrote:
hacker wrote:And while we're at it it would probably make sense to print skirt before raft and supports.
I put this in the fault section, viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2311&p=7305#p7305. I use the skirt to prime the nozzle and by printing the supports first I sometimes get a part of supports that don't stick

This is on the fault list. However, my personal opinion is that a prime line at the front of the bed and omit the skirt works better (for me).

Peter
abecker

Post by abecker »

pjr wrote:
abecker wrote:

This is on the fault list. However, my personal opinion is that a prime line at the front of the bed and omit the skirt works better (for me).

Peter
I hadn't thought about that. I would be too lazy to make a curved prime line on a delta, but on a cartesian that would be no problem.
hacker

Post by hacker »

pjr wrote:
abecker wrote:

Peter
A prime line at the front of the circular bed is a bit too much of a hassle, given that slicer can do that nicely.

P.S. haven't read further reply, so I repeated it :)