Continuing after aborting the print

Fran

Continuing after aborting the print

Post by Fran »

Hello, I'm new, not sure this is the right section to post. I was wondering: is there any chance you could start again an aborted print modifing the slicing file? I mean, could I possibly remove the code already done to make a new print starting from the exact point I've left it? Like having the very exact coordinates?
Also: suppose it's possible, is it convenient to start again considering that the plastic underneath would be too cold to grant a good attach? When I pause the printing it's basically the same, it seems to me it doesn't compromize anything, so might not be a problem.
Hope this makes sense, thanks in advance for the answers!
EddyMI3D

Re: Continuing after aborting the print

Post by EddyMI3D »

Hello Fran!
And welcome to the Forum!
I'm afraid, that continuing a print after an abortion is a task for the printer firmware.
Too many values have to be known: XYZ-Position of the print head, line number in the gcode file and maybe some more.
Josef Prusa has included this nicely into the I3 MK3.

Concerning your second point: warming up that top layer can be done be printing the new layer quite slow, like the first layer on the print bed.
Fran

Re: Continuing after aborting the print

Post by Fran »

Hello EddyMI3D! Thank you for your reply and I'm sorry for writing mine so late.
I supposed it was a matter of firmware, although my printer (http://www.3ntr.eu/ model: A2V2) when I abort gives me the coordinates of the point of abortion, so I thought ti could have been possible to make it. Is there maybe anyone using the same printer as mine here? If yes, how can I find them and ask?
EddyMI3D wrote:Josef Prusa has included this nicely into the I3 MK3.
I suppose it's another printer right?
EddyMI3D wrote:Concerning your second point: warming up that top layer can be done be printing the new layer quite slow, like the first layer on the print bed.
that's good to know ;)

thank you again!