Fan cotrol when printing on raft/support/overhang

rmat

Fan cotrol when printing on raft/support/overhang

Post by rmat »

Hey there, loving my Kiss, its got everything one needs, but some things might need some update.

It would be super usefull when there would be option of blowing air when printing on raft or support. This would highly adress problems with support removal from model when printing with support with same material.
Also fan blowing would be super usefull when printing overhangs of over some XX degrees.

And when at it, I think it would be great if there was option when printing on support/raft, that the extrusion widh would get smaller, lets say from normal 0,5mm down to 0.3mm. Makes any scence?

Only one more, raft would need updating, lets say at least two perimeter around it and the interace layer should expand in XY a bit (1-3mm?).

If not clear I can draw something up.

Best regards, Matej
dorbar

Re: Fan cotrol when printing on raft/support/overhang

Post by dorbar »

Actually the 0,5 to 03, width doesn't make sense! This is the width of your nozzle, how would you change that? And why? Kiss is a volumetric slicer meaning that calculates some parameters according to the volume of the material being melted and pushed out -extruded in plain English :-).
For some "turbo" blowing when printing overhangs... well that might be a bit hard to do as almost every 3Dprinter have a one speed fans (on or off). You would require to have a sensor-ed fan as in today's notebooks. Not to mention the support of 3D printer's controller board for a variable speed fan.
Although It could be done with two fans where's the second turns on only when the support got printed. This would require some coding though...
rmat

Re: Fan cotrol when printing on raft/support/overhang

Post by rmat »

dorbar wrote:Actually the 0,5 to 03, width doesn't make sense! This is the width of your nozzle, how would you change that? And why? Kiss is a volumetric slicer meaning that calculates some parameters according to the volume of the material being melted and pushed out -extruded in plain English :-).
Actually width is not the width of your nozzle, you can set kiss to extrude 1mm width with 0,4mm nozzle. This is actually the beauty of volumetric slicer. So in short, this is absolutely doable, just need to enable it somehow (im not coder so dont ask me how).
dorbar wrote:For some "turbo" blowing when printing overhangs... well that might be a bit hard to do as almost every 3Dprinter have a one speed fans (on or off). You would require to have a sensor-ed fan as in today's notebooks. Not to mention the support of 3D printer's controller board for a variable speed fan.
Although It could be done with two fans where's the second turns on only when the support got printed. This would require some coding though...
Actually, almost all firmwares have regulated fan from 0-100% or 0-255 if you like. One just have to tell it what to do, lets say (in two very popular fw`s) M106 S130 gives it arround 50% power. Again, this is also absolutely doable, just need to enable it somehow.

All these ideas actually didnt grow in my head, I observed some closed source machine I bought how is behaving and how easy it is to print supports and overhangs/bridges.