More evry *N layer

zemciko222

More evry *N layer

Post by zemciko222 »

Hello. i have just tested wooden filament and i wish to change temperature in every 2 or 3 layers to get wooden visual structure.
In kisslicer i can change temperature in g-code section every *N layers. It should not be too hard to add 1 or 2 same sections (and aply it to g code one after another) so we can set temperatures like every 1*N T=180 and every 3*N T=190 etc...
dorbar

Re: More evry *N layer

Post by dorbar »

That's why you have a script section. Check under Printer G-code > N[*] Layers

Cheers
brasshopper

Re: More evry *N layer

Post by brasshopper »

I am a pro user, uncracked. Kisslicer has been my main slicer for some time now, I have just gotten a pro license. I am building a multi-extruder delta. There are lots of things I like about this slicer, the main thing is that supports work better than any other slocer I have used.

So, maybe I am dense but I am trying to print a temperature tower. The idea would be to start at the temperature that is set in the settings and then, every 15 layers, reduce it by 3 degrees. So I figured, great, M104 S<TEMP-3> - but that changes the temp from 190 to 187 over and over again. OK, let's try

M109 S<TEMP-=3> ; hoping

Nope.That just sets the temperature to 190 every time, ignoring what it does not understand in the parse.

OK, maybe

M109 S<TEMP-3*(LAYER/15)>

This translates to M109 S187 every time. No layer? Or not enough math? I tried S<TEMP-30*%> and got S160 every time. I tried S<TEMP-(30*%)> and got S190 every time.

Of course, after this I need to do the same thing with extrusion percentage. I think that all of the available variables are on the screen and this is not available. If you were running under Linux only I could suggest that you pass the gcode to the shell for interpretation, but you would still have to save a variable in the environment, but you could pass by a file using a prefix/suffix on the shell code - I have no idea how to do that under windows. Maybe you could incorporate LUA or some other interpreter, give it access to some variables and allow lua scripts in the gcode - and allow access to internal variables which would then be used.

At this point, well, I know I can do this in Cura using their exit system, but I hate cura and besides, my main slicer is kisslicer and I want the temps and extrusion percentages to be set there. I guess I could insert a lift, long pause, and adjust temps at the front panel - and that would work for temps because temps are temps - but while I can change front panel temps, does changing extrusion percentage from the front panel actually correspond to changing the extrusion in the slicer? Or is the correspondence (as I suspect) only approximate?

Is there a way to do this that I don't understand (other than editing the gcode, which I can do for temp and can't do for extrusion percentage, far as I know)? A script that will process the gcode in Perl maybe?