More free parameters for post-processing

Giovanni V.

More free parameters for post-processing

Post by Giovanni V. »

A post-processor like Cubeitmod requires a lot of parameters, at the beginning I've "hijacked" some unused KS parameters but with the last version of Cubeitmod I had introduce more parameters and I had to write them into the G-Code tab.
It would be much more better to have some free parameters ( specially on the material tab, because the parameters are mostly related to material/extruder ).
lonesock

Re: More free parameters for post-processing

Post by lonesock »

I've put version 1.5 on feature freeze so I can actually finally release it, BUT this feature is already on the list for version 2.0. It will have user-settable token text as well as the value (so <RANDOM_TOKEN>="some value"). I don't think I understand all the ways it might be used, though, so I definitely appreciate your feedback!

thanks,
Jonathan
Giovanni V.

Post by Giovanni V. »

lonesock wrote:I've put version 1.5 on feature freeze so I can actually finally release it, BUT this feature is already on the list for version 2.0. It will have user-settable token text as well as the value (so <RANDOM_TOKEN>="some value"). I don't think I understand all the ways it might be used, though, so I definitely appreciate your feedback!

thanks,
Jonathan
I would like to have something like this in every tab ( Style, Support, ....) this way the parameters are automatically saved by KS and using the .po language file I can put the text I want :
FP.jpg
Thanks
Giovanni
inventabuild

Post by inventabuild »

Jonathan, will the user-settable token text work for things like <WARM1>, <WARM2>, <WARM3> and <WARM4> in the Printer G-Code Prefix tab? You may remember a while back I tried to use these tokens in the Printer G-Code Prefix tab, but they didn't work there.
lonesock

Post by lonesock »

Hmm, not sure I ever found the bug in the <WARMn> tokens. I put a note in my ToDo-list. I'll try to get it working for you.

thanks,
Jonathan
b-morgan

Post by b-morgan »

inventabuild wrote:Jonathan, will the user-settable token text work for things like <WARM1>, <WARM2>, <WARM3> and <WARM4> in the Printer G-Code Prefix tab? You may remember a while back I tried to use these tokens in the Printer G-Code Prefix tab, but they didn't work there.
I have KISSlicer v1.6.2 Pro and none of the tokens in the Printer G-Code Prefix tab are being substituted when the prefix is placed in the G-Code output.

Should they work in 1.6.2? Is there a setting somewhere that I have to set? Is this still a bug?
hacker

Post by hacker »

b-morgan wrote:
inventabuild wrote:Jonathan, will the user-settable token text work for things like <WARM1>, <WARM2>, <WARM3> and <WARM4> in the Printer G-Code Prefix tab? You may remember a while back I tried to use these tokens in the Printer G-Code Prefix tab, but they didn't work there.
I have KISSlicer v1.6.2 Pro and none of the tokens in the Printer G-Code Prefix tab are being substituted when the prefix is placed in the G-Code output.

Should they work in 1.6.2? Is there a setting somewhere that I have to set? Is this still a bug?
If you'r talking about custom tokens, I'd say the likeliest reason is that you define them wrong. It took me a while to figure out that the hint is *exactly* how you put them:

Code: Select all

<TOKEN>=[G-Code]
with angle and square brackets.
pjr

Post by pjr »

Be careful in the Prefix G-code section; some of the tokens equate to Zero or "not yet defined".

KISS only "knows" about the current settings once something it has under its control has happened - i.e. after the Prefix G-code.

Peter
b-morgan

Post by b-morgan »

pjr wrote:Be careful in the Prefix G-code section; some of the tokens equate to Zero or "not yet defined".

KISS only "knows" about the current settings once something it has under its control has happened - i.e. after the Prefix G-code.
So where should I put the start gcode for the printer if I want to use the tokens in it? Part of the start gcode for my TAZ 6 is to wipe the nozzle(s) after retracting the filament(s) and then after auto-leveling, prime the nozzle(s). This requires knowledge of the temperature(s) associated with the filament. I was using <WARM> <BED> and <MAIN> with my single extruder and <WARM1> <WARM2> <BED> and <MAIN1> <MAIN2> with my dual extruder.

I think the solution should be that KISS is in control when the SLICE button is pressed and the tokens should all be available in the prefix.