Brim/skirt to include support structure

Brim/skirt to include support structure

Postby frozen.rabbit » 12 Sep 2018, 21:09

Would help support structure base stay attached to bed.

I have some models that for best print orientation there is only a very small contact point of the model to the bed.

Brim/skirt doesn't include support structure.

Currently using a 40mm brim to get a brim to reach out to the supports, Brim is only around model/bed contact point.
frozen.rabbit
 
Posts: 110
Joined: 17 Nov 2014, 09:20

Re: Brim/skirt to include support structure

Postby pjr » 13 Sep 2018, 02:45

frozen.rabbit wrote:Would help support structure base stay attached to bed.

I have some models that for best print orientation there is only a very small contact point of the model to the bed.

Brim/skirt doesn't include support structure.

Currently using a 40mm brim to get a brim to reach out to the supports, Brim is only around model/bed contact point.


I have included this as a fault; it does cause failed prints.

Peter
Please note: I do not have any affiliation with KISSlicer. Any advices given are offered in good faith. It is your responsibility to ensure that by following my advice you do not suffer or cause injury, damage or loss.
User avatar
pjr
 
Posts: 482
Joined: 05 May 2015, 10:27
Location: Kamnik, Slovenia

Re: Brim/skirt to include support structure

Postby hacker » 13 Sep 2018, 15:16

And while we're at it it would probably make sense to print skirt before raft and supports.
hacker
 
Posts: 137
Joined: 20 Aug 2016, 18:25

Re: Brim/skirt to include support structure

Postby abecker » 15 Sep 2018, 17:22

hacker wrote:And while we're at it it would probably make sense to print skirt before raft and supports.


I put this in the fault section, viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2311&p=7305#p7305. I use the skirt to prime the nozzle and by printing the supports first I sometimes get a part of supports that don't stick
abecker
 
Posts: 20
Joined: 05 Sep 2017, 17:08

Re: Brim/skirt to include support structure

Postby pjr » 16 Sep 2018, 05:20

abecker wrote:
hacker wrote:And while we're at it it would probably make sense to print skirt before raft and supports.


I put this in the fault section, viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2311&p=7305#p7305. I use the skirt to prime the nozzle and by printing the supports first I sometimes get a part of supports that don't stick



This is on the fault list. However, my personal opinion is that a prime line at the front of the bed and omit the skirt works better (for me).

Peter
Please note: I do not have any affiliation with KISSlicer. Any advices given are offered in good faith. It is your responsibility to ensure that by following my advice you do not suffer or cause injury, damage or loss.
User avatar
pjr
 
Posts: 482
Joined: 05 May 2015, 10:27
Location: Kamnik, Slovenia

Re: Brim/skirt to include support structure

Postby abecker » 16 Sep 2018, 11:21

pjr wrote:
abecker wrote:
hacker wrote:And while we're at it it would probably make sense to print skirt before raft and supports.


I put this in the fault section, viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2311&p=7305#p7305. I use the skirt to prime the nozzle and by printing the supports first I sometimes get a part of supports that don't stick



This is on the fault list. However, my personal opinion is that a prime line at the front of the bed and omit the skirt works better (for me).

Peter


I hadn't thought about that. I would be too lazy to make a curved prime line on a delta, but on a cartesian that would be no problem.
abecker
 
Posts: 20
Joined: 05 Sep 2017, 17:08

Re: Brim/skirt to include support structure

Postby hacker » 16 Sep 2018, 15:04

pjr wrote:
abecker wrote:
hacker wrote:And while we're at it it would probably make sense to print skirt before raft and supports.


I put this in the fault section, viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2311&p=7305#p7305. I use the skirt to prime the nozzle and by printing the supports first I sometimes get a part of supports that don't stick



This is on the fault list. However, my personal opinion is that a prime line at the front of the bed and omit the skirt works better (for me).

Peter


A prime line at the front of the circular bed is a bit too much of a hassle, given that slicer can do that nicely.

P.S. haven't read further reply, so I repeated it :)
hacker
 
Posts: 137
Joined: 20 Aug 2016, 18:25


Return to Feature requests

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest