Dual Extrusion different Nozzle Sizes

ImpulsiveJames

Dual Extrusion different Nozzle Sizes

Post by ImpulsiveJames »

Any recommendations on different nozzle sizes since you can only specify one "extrusion width" per 'style'?

I have a .3 and a .7 and if I print at .3 I have issues with my .7 and vise versa. Any options or workarounds?

Thanks!
hacker

Re: Dual Extrusion different Nozzle Sizes

Post by hacker »

The extrusion width should probably be not below the orifice diameter and not above the nozzle flat part diameter, the latter being 0.63 for 0.25 (assuming e3d nozzle, one would need to check otherwise) and the former being 0.7 for 0.7 (unsurprisingly). So I personally would be disturbed by the necessity to find something below 0.63 and above 0.7. Except for the case when you use one for infill and the other for loops (so you can specify different values), which is not likely to be yours, I can't think of a sensible workaround.

Sorry for not being helpful, but there's still hope that someone more experienced chimes in with better ideas.
ImpulsiveJames

Post by ImpulsiveJames »

That was actually very helpful. Thank you!

I just need to swap one of the nozzle out, and since I'll be printing with CF for awhile, I guess both nozzles have to be big, oh well.

THanks!!!!

James
hacker

Post by hacker »

Uh, one note, though, I don't know where I got the 0.25 as a nozzle size, you've said 0.3, for which the flat thingie is 0.75 (https://e3d-online.dozuki.com/Document/48/.pdf), so extrusion between 0.7 and 0.75 should work. It's not quite clear why would one want to print this wide with 0.3 nozzle, but theoretically one can.