Redundant structures

Oleg

Redundant structures

Post by Oleg »

When slicing inclined walls, the Kisslaser makes too many small structures that can not normally print. Usually they hang over the infill and when printing lift up. In the future, the extruder can stumble on them, which leads to a print failure.
Such small structures need to be excluded from the slicing - we lose time and quality!

Kisslicer v2
Attachments
kiss4.png
kiss4.png (34.07 KiB) Viewed 1306 times
kiss3.png
kiss3.png (57.67 KiB) Viewed 1306 times
Oleg

Re: Redundant structures

Post by Oleg »

Here's another situation when the slicer creates a lot of additional unnecessary structures.
This should not be.
Attachments
kiss6.png
frozen.rabbit

Post by frozen.rabbit »

That's skin thickness.

Running 1 loop makes the perimeter 0.5 with those settings, then KS adds material trying to get the perimeter skin to be 0.6.

Skin affects top and bottom layer thickness as well as perimeter thickness.

Try a 2 loop slice and see if it is cleaner.
Oleg

Post by Oleg »

frozen.rabbit wrote: Running 1 loop makes the perimeter 0.5 with those settings, then KS adds material trying to get the perimeter skin to be 0.6..
you see that he adds the material is not correct?
frozen.rabbit wrote: Try a 2 loop slice and see if it is cleaner.
I know, but I need to make 1 perimeter and 0.6mm top and bottom. in this case, the slicer does not work correctly, do you agree?
pjr

Post by pjr »

Skin thickness tool tip: "Will make the solid skin of the model this thick (all surfaces: top, sides, bottom)"

So, I don't think it's a program fault as it's doing what it's designed to do. Maybe a design fault. And it's on the wish list.

Peter
Oleg

Post by Oleg »

I understand that the program is trying to do this, but in such cases it would be better if the program did not do so.
to solve all these problems, you just need to limit the minimum length of extrusion to fill. such a ritual is in other slicers.