ZGap won't work

Acmeman76

ZGap won't work

Post by Acmeman76 »

Hi all
i've an issue with KIssslicer 1.6.3: i can't setting up the zgap trough the gcode generation, as you can see in the image i've set zgap 0.2 but no space in the 3d model neither in 2d.
What's wrong?
Greetings
Attachments
KissSlicer.png
pjr

Re: ZGap won't work

Post by pjr »

So, the support layer heights are adjusted during export and not visible in the views after slicing.

When the G-code is exported, the Z-gap is present and is a value between 0 and 90% of current layer height (adaptive layers).

Peter
sinned6915

Post by sinned6915 »

is the value for Zgap in % or absolute millimters?

what is the difference between the settings for "1st Zgap" and "Zgap". where might there be a Zgap that is not 1st?

tia

dennis
pjr

Post by pjr »

1st Z-gap is for the raft; Z-gap is for the support interface

Peter
woody3dp

Post by woody3dp »

pjr wrote:So, the support layer heights are adjusted during export and not visible in the views after slicing.

When the G-code is exported, the Z-gap is present and is a value between 0 and 90% of current layer height (adaptive layers).

Peter
- Does it work the same way for fixed layer (I often print with fixed layer for the moment) ?
- Is there a way to bypass this value, because my support fuses to my object, it's very difficult to remove the support without damaging the object.

thanks
pjr

Post by pjr »

woody3dp wrote: - Does it work the same way for fixed layer (I often print with fixed layer for the moment) ?
- Is there a way to bypass this value, because my support fuses to my object, it's very difficult to remove the support without damaging the object.

thanks
This has been added to the fault list:
Z-gap. Must be according to set value irrespective of layer height and must be able to be viewed after slicing.
Peter
woody3dp

Post by woody3dp »

That's a good new. Thank you for taking your time to answer Peter.