Slowdown on some perimeters

arduknic

Slowdown on some perimeters

Post by arduknic »

Hi all,

I'm new in KISSlicer, and I'm trying to calibrate my printer. I'm printing some calibration cubes, tuning parameters one by one. I'm sure that it still need a lot of refinement, but some of the cubes show something like overextrusion on X and Y faces:
test2_cr.png
test2_cr.png (218.02 KiB) Viewed 917 times
These segments have been marked as overhangs (pink lines) and it can be checked on the gcode:
test.PNG
test.PNG (15.57 KiB) Viewed 917 times
But I don't understand why, the angle is not near to 45 degrees, and not all the layers are affected. It seems that the slowdown due to Flow Adjust -> Cool = 1mm3/s causes it. Can someone help me to understand?

The KISSlicer project is attached as a ZIP.

Thanks.
Attachments
xyzCube.zip
(4.68 KiB) Downloaded 92 times
pjr

Re: Slowdown on some perimeters

Post by pjr »

Unsupported or partially unsupported paths are shown in pink as per your image.

The unsupported paths cannot simply start at the point where the paths become unsupported; there is a short lead-in and out.

Fan speed is determined by the amount of support, so a completely unsupported path will get the maximum "Cool" fan setting.

If you are printing PLA, you can increase that 1mm^3 max cool setting to maybe 2.5 mm^3.

Peter
arduknic

Re: Slowdown on some perimeters

Post by arduknic »

Thanks pjr, I thought that this feature was only triggered when the path was considered a severe unsupported path, like an overhang.

How can I tune the cool flow parameter? You said that 2.5mm3 is a starting value for PLA, but what method can I use to calibrate it for other materials like PETG?

And why a low value causes the surface defects? The cube is printed in PETG, and it's very viscous (it oozes a lot), so maybe the real flow is higher than the given value due to the slow speed?

Thank you very much!