Unsupported Section Tinting problem

davide.m

Unsupported Section Tinting problem

Post by davide.m »

Hi,
I am trying to understand why this path color key appears and if it is a cause of concern.
The absence of an update reference manual is quite disorienting, so the developers redirect to this talk but there not actually clear answers to this issue.
What I am asking is:
-It is not clear why this is happening (it looks random to me sometimes) and what to do to get rid of this.
-If it is related to the material not actually being supported, how to change parameters to actually see it disappear?
Attachments
capt1.PNG
MatejEU

Re: Unsupported Section Tinting problem

Post by MatejEU »

This slicer is not worth the trouble ;)
It did produce rather good quality prints, but while printing outer perimeters at 15mm/s. Cura will drop printing speed for outer perimeters by 50%, Simplify3D by 30%, and KISSlicer by 70% :lol:

At least for me, slicing is really slow, around 15-20 seconds for some small models. Cura will take 3-4 seconds and CraftWare 1-2 seconds :!: No relevant documentation and no support.

The software is not open source and it's maintained only by a single developer. It has a small community as you can see from replies on forum posts.

Invest your time in Cura, Slic3r Prusa Edition and CraftWare.
mjf55

Post by mjf55 »

MatejEU wrote:.....
It did produce rather good quality prints, but while printing outer perimeters at 15mm/s. Cura will drop printing speed for outer perimeters by 50%, Simplify3D by 30%, and KISSlicer by 70% :lol:
Not debating if you should invest your time on this slicer or some other, but the speed settings are set ( Perimeter, Loops, Solid Infill, Sparse Infill, First layer speed, and increase speed per layer ) on the Printer -> Speed tab. Then on the Style tab, you can set the speed between your min and max for each. It really does have a lot of control.
davide.m

Post by davide.m »

Indeed has a small community, therefore I'd expect that who replies, also actually tries to answer to the topic post. Otherwise, i don't see the point of this forum.