Insufficient prime whenever head moves without extruding

duaneh

Insufficient prime whenever head moves without extruding

Post by duaneh »

note the gaps in the small features and the rough outside of the clindrical columns
note the gaps in the small features and the rough outside of the clindrical columns
I have had this issue for the past 3 versions that I have downloaded,but I don't see anyone else with this issue. The filament extrudes just fine once it gets going, but the head moves before the filament is ready, leaving large gaps with no extrusion or tiny, disconnected blobs of filament. I have tried various temperatures, slowed down the destring speed, and every other setting I can find, but nothing changes. It appears that the previous 1.5 version completely ignored the prime value - no matter what I put in, it made no difference at all. Large sections appear OK because the problem at the edge isn't all that noticeable, but when extruding small features, it looks like swiss cheese.
Has anyone else had this sort of problem? If so, is there a solution within Kisslicer? I am at the point where I'm about ready to buy another controller board for my Cubex and switch to Slic3r to get better control, but that's a pretty drastic change (would probably also require different heads), so I REALLY don't want to go that route if there is a way to make KS work. As it is, however, I can't do anything useful that requires small features.
plm

Re: Insufficient prime whenever head moves without extruding

Post by plm »

I don't have lot of experience, but I've seen similar thing. On my prints if diameter of feature about 2 mm I can see similar "swiss cheese" and also strings.
Recently I've tried to print with thin layers - with bad results - guess my extruder is not OK at low mm^3/s, so I have to check it in near future.