Support interface layer height problem

balajiramani

Support interface layer height problem

Post by balajiramani »

Hi,

I have been trying to slice a model with 1.6.2 version and I am having trouble with the support interface. I am attaching the gcode generated. The model is sliced at 0.2mm. The support interface starts at height 1.4mm and the problem is that the interface layer itself is being printed at a lower height after a higher layer is printed. It is lowered by 0.18mm. This causes the head to crash into the model. The other problem is that I am not able to get the Zgap feature working. No matter what value I set, there is no gap between the support interface and the model. Unfortunately, I am not able to attach the generated gcode.

Can someone tell me if I am doing something wrong or is it a bug in 1.6.2?

- Balaji
BeNe

Re: Support interface layer height problem

Post by BeNe »

Unfortunately, I am not able to attach the generated gcode.
You need to zip your gcode file if you want to upload it. If it still doesn´t work here in the Forum, use a shared hoster.

For example:
[*]https://uploadfiles.io
[*]https://wetransfer.com
[*]https://files.fm

Upload your file there and post the link here.
pjr

Post by pjr »

Support interfaces (an maybe some main support) are printed at Z-gap lower than the model.

However, the supports are printed before the model so there should be no possibility of the nozzle hittin something that hsan't yet been printed.

Maybe you just need to add a Z-lift (0.5mm) on the material tab.

Peter
balajiramani

Post by balajiramani »

Attaching the zip file that has both the model and the generated gcode.

I have a z lift of 0.05 added and I can see it in the gcode.

Thanks,
Balaji
Attachments
support_test.zip
(33.09 KiB) Downloaded 106 times
balajiramani

Post by balajiramani »

Can someone take a look at the gcode?

I really like version 1.6.2, but it is unusable for models that require support. I would like to know if I am doing something wrong.

Thanks,
Balaji
fboulanger

Post by fboulanger »

+1 on this subject for me also...
I have been trying to control the ZGAP on version 1.6.2 without success.
The 'bubble' says "Currently limited internally to be less than the finest layer thickness".
I understand this to mean that we cannot use a ZGAP higher than the layer height (if using fixed layer heights).
It does not seem to work.

In version 1.5 changing the ZGAP would trigger a SLICE, and would change the distance between the object and the last support layer.
In current version 1.6.2, changing the ZGAP does NOT trigger a SLICE and layer heights are not affected, i.e. no gap between object and support.

What am I missing ?
Thanks,
Francois