Trouble Infill 1.6.2

Oleg

Trouble Infill 1.6.2

Post by Oleg »

Hello.
Infill = 0%? But i see many small pieces of infill along the entire height. The number of these pieces depends on the width of the extrusion, the greater the width of the extrusion the less such pieces.
Here's the pictures:
Attachments
KIS1.png
KIS1.png (94.98 KiB) Viewed 2711 times
KIS2.png
mhackney

Re: Trouble Infill 1.6.2

Post by mhackney »

Looks like you have support enabled.
Oleg

Post by Oleg »

It's not like support. On each layer it is chaotically located.
The supports are off.
Attachments
KIS3.png
mhackney

Post by mhackney »

Please post your KSP file and a link to this model. That does not look like infill, it looks like remnants from support. In your first photo, again, difficult to say for sure, but looks like remnants of raft. But without the file, I can't be sure. I am not aware of any known issues with infill problems like this in 1.6.

You can email or PM me the KSP file. Project->Save Project As to save the KSP.
Oleg

Post by Oleg »

I give the files here, if possible, (in PM i can not make attachments ).
The model needs to be scaled to 75%.

I think that this happens if Extrusion Width * Num Loops < Skin Thinckness. But how, to print the top and buttom thicker than the sides?
Attachments
FISH2.rar
(140.56 KiB) Downloaded 100 times
mhackney

Post by mhackney »

Ok, figured it out I think...

Most (if not all) of the infill remnants you see are being put there to support the perimeters as the Z height builds. For example, there are through horizontal holes and a single perimeter cannot support itself so KISS is putting in extra material to support it. This is also true for any tapers or curves that are not nearly vertical. A single perimeter does not offer much support for upper layer perimeters.

Is there a practical reason why you are slicing this with 1 perimeter and hollow?

Is there a reason you have Style->Inset Surface set to 0.05mm? (just curious)
Last edited by mhackney on 05 Nov 2017, 12:00, edited 1 time in total.
mhackney

Post by mhackney »

I can't duplicate the odd paths/squiggles that you have though. It could be a path layout issue but there are areas that can't be printed 1 perimeter without some sort of internal infill to support it. This could be throwing things off. I'm on the ad 1.6.2 release version for my tests.
Oleg

Post by Oleg »

mhackney wrote:Is there a practical reason why you are slicing this with 1 perimeter and hollow?
In small model. In this case, one perimeter is enough to save material and time.
mhackney wrote:Is there a reason you have Style->Inset Surface set to 0.05mm? (just curious)
For increase the clearances, because the model has moving parts.
mhackney

Post by mhackney »

Thanks for the answers.
Oleg

Post by Oleg »

But if Skin Thinkness=0.4mm then everything is fine. But the top and bottom are not thick enough.

Also, I noticed that the overlap of the fill and perimeter is greater in the first layer than in the others (see picture). Why? May be It's logical so to do if it's the first layer above the void.
Now I checked that the overlap in the first layer does not depend on the overlap setting and is equal to 1.
Attachments
KISS5.png
KISS5.png (88.92 KiB) Viewed 2689 times
Overlap infill
Overlap infill
KISS6.png (58.97 KiB) Viewed 2689 times