Kisslicer crashes immediately

maxchu765

Kisslicer crashes immediately

Post by maxchu765 »

Kisslicer crashes immediately whenever I try to launch it.
I am running the latest stable version 1.6.2 on Windows 10 64 bit.
Whenever I launch kisslicer, I immediately get an message from windows says that kisslicer has stopped working and that windows is checking for a solution to the problem.
I think the problem is some compatibility issue with the graphics card. When I run my computer with my Nvidia GTX 1080, the problem happens, but not when I run on my intel integrated graphics on my i7 7700k. I have the latest drivers from Nvidia.

What can I do to fix this?
Thanks
EddyMI3D

Re: Kisslicer crashes immediately

Post by EddyMI3D »

Nvidia sometime does weird things...
maxchu765

Post by maxchu765 »

Is there anything I can try to fix this? Does anyone know if specific Nvidia drivers work?
lonesock

Post by lonesock »

Yikes!

Just as a test, can you go to the nVidia Control panel under the "Adjust image settings with preview" tab and try two different settings for "Use my preference emphasizing:". Quality, or Performance. If either of those settings works I would love to hear which.

The other thing I would try is right-clicking on the KISSlicer exe in file explorer and go to the Properties, Compatibility tab, and try running KISSlicer as a "Windows Vista" app. (Not that it is, but it might disable some of the newer graphics options...I'm just grasping at straws at this point!)

If neither works, not sure what to do in the short term. KISSlicer still uses OpenGL 1.1 in an attempt to be universally compatible. Ironically, support for that super old profile is going away. For KISSlicer 2, I am going to rework the display to use a newer profile of OpenGL (I need one that supports shaders so I can show a preview for some of the upcoming features like surface texturing). Once the new graphics pipeline is in place this issue might be fixed.

thanks,
Jonathan
maxchu765

Post by maxchu765 »

None of those worked. For now I'll just use a different computer. Thanks.
BoriSpider

Post by BoriSpider »

I've always had problems using Windows 10(or other) 64bit stuff. I always choose 32bit because of this.