How to move stl x/y on printbed

3DBastler

How to move stl x/y on printbed

Post by 3DBastler »

Sorry, may be that's a real stupid question, but in the moment I can't find out myself how to move a single stl file around on the bed surface.
While loading it is placed at center and I can rotate and scale the stl file, but I can not move it in x and y directions.
I would need this because the surface of my printbed is not good around the center anymore and will force some problems to my modell surface.
Any hint ?
EddyMI3D

Re: How to move stl x/y on printbed

Post by EddyMI3D »

On the lower right "around" Center the are two sliders that can move your print
3DBastler

Post by 3DBastler »

Thx for your answer!
But sorry, I can't see/find this sliders.
I'm looking to the Main Window which contains the stl file positioned at center.
If I select the stl I get a border around, in red, green (X) and blue (Y) and the orange center point (cg)

Do I look to the correct window you talked about? Must I possible enable a switch to get this sliders?
BTW I'm using v1.6.2 Pro
mhackney

Post by mhackney »

3Dblaster - see the red rectangle on this screenshot. Those are the sliders!
Screen Shot 2017-10-14 at 9.13.09 AM.png
3DBastler

Post by 3DBastler »

Thank you,
this was little bit too easy, should have seen it myself. :roll:
Sometimes, one (me!!) seems too blind.. :(
mhackney

Post by mhackney »

You are not alone! Many people miss that.
3DBastler

Post by 3DBastler »

Brings me to the question why this one (moving the stl) is attached to the profil settings dialog.
Wouldn't it be better to own this as part of the 'Main'-Window or as part of right Bar?
mhackney

Post by mhackney »

Good question. Let me answer it with a short story...

In the old days, before the awesome KISSlicer 1.6, the settings were permanently displayed (in tabs) at the bottom of the window. In this configuration, the sliders were positioned below the model panel. Many of us early followers complained bitterly (well, not bitterly per say, it was more constructive criticism) that we had large monitors now and the settings panel invaded the usable model display area. Jonathan gnashed his teeth, he contemplated, he reasoned and then, he implemented the awesome new floating KISSlicer Settings window we have in 1.6.

To wit:
Screen Shot 2017-10-14 at 10.13.49 AM.png
3DBastler

Post by 3DBastler »

Ok, I see, it's a grown story :)

So don't beat me, here is just my new-user idea for this one:
I think this sliders could go to (into) the little bar on the right side where you can change i.e. rotation (or "right click for more")
In fact that this was the first place I searched for the x/y movement (because of all it's other contents), I believe it could be a better place as into the profile.
May be a wrong thought now, don't know.
In grey theory it could be a (new?) feature to move each single stl towards a place user want it on the print bed.
Yes i know it, this will bring trouble with any auto placement /rotation too, but i believe it could be nice to have.

As said, just a new user idea, don't want to to criticize any further thoughts of you all, this way.
mhackney

Post by mhackney »

Add it to the KISS 2.0 features request list!