Problem when slicing

Khayrisill

Problem when slicing

Post by Khayrisill »

Hello,

I am using the new release of KISSlicer 1.6, and have problem when I try to slice a part which is higher than the others.
When I click on Slice, the soft start and stop straight after. If I try to visualize the layer I can't move the Z value and it just shows me one layer.
Error slicing
Error slicing
A.png (97.15 KiB) Viewed 2095 times
Its look like its something with the heigh, because if I flip the part I have no problem...
No problem during slicing
No problem during slicing
B.png (93.34 KiB) Viewed 2095 times
someone knows what's going on ?

Thanks
Romain
Khayrisill

Re: Problem when slicing

Post by Khayrisill »

Hi guys, still have problem and I dont find the solution. The part was correctly slice with an other slicer and I try with Kiss on an other computer and he do the same.

When I moved the path% bar, we can see only one layer...
Attachments
B.png
B.png (84.63 KiB) Viewed 2048 times
A.png
A.png (85.68 KiB) Viewed 2048 times
Khayrisill

Post by Khayrisill »

Hi guys,

I solved the problem, I had put a Z step(mm) of 80 in the printer profile... So back to 0 and it works well. Do not know what I'm supposed to put in.
lonesock

Post by lonesock »

For a delta you don't really need to enter that value, it's primarily for us Cartesian owners. (It is still useful when adaptive layers are selected for multiple objects, so you don't get layers whose Z is some fraction of a micron higher than the previous layer.)

thanks,
Jonathan
hacker

Post by hacker »

Khayrisill wrote:Z step(mm) of 80
You mean 0.0125 or did you really put 80 there and I don't understand what it should actually be? In short, is this step resolution or steps per mm?
Khayrisill

Post by Khayrisill »

lonesock wrote:For a delta you don't really need to enter that value, it's primarily for us Cartesian owners. (It is still useful when adaptive layers are selected for multiple objects, so you don't get layers whose Z is some fraction of a micron higher than the previous layer.)

thanks,
Jonathan
Thanks Jonathan.
hacker wrote:You mean 0.0125 or did you really put 80 there and I don't understand what it should actually be? In short, is this step resolution or steps per mm?

No really 80, it is my mistake I have confused parameters from the EEPROM
hacker

Post by hacker »

Khayrisill wrote:
hacker wrote:You mean 0.0125 or did you really put 80 there and I don't understand what it should actually be? In short, is this step resolution or steps per mm?

No really 80, it is my mistake I have confused parameters from the EEPROM
Ah, you mean you changed it from 80 and it's got better. I should've paid attention to the wording, thanks.