command line

hacker

command line

Post by hacker »

Do I undrestand it right that if I want to slice from the command line I'll need to know the number of the profiles I need based on alphabetical order? Specifying using name seems to work for material, but not style/support (not sure about printer yet, I select the one that alphabetically the first:)).
lonesock

Re: command line

Post by lonesock »

Sorry the Command Line Interface is a little on the rough side.

Yes, you are correct. I am pretty sure the people who asked for the CLI options wanted to use KISSlicer as a slicing backend, and I think the way they commonly use it is to only have a single profile each for printer, style, and support, and they just overwrite those files with the desired setting file before calling KISSlicer. So you would overwrite "_the_one_printer.ini", "_the_one_style.ini", etc., then call KISSlicer and specify printer 1, style 1, support 1.

thanks,
Jonathan
hacker

Re: command line

Post by hacker »

lonesock wrote:Sorry the Command Line Interface is a little on the rough side.

Yes, you are correct. I am pretty sure the people who asked for the CLI options wanted to use KISSlicer as a slicing backend, and I think the way they commonly use it is to only have a single profile each for printer, style, and support, and they just overwrite those files with the desired setting file before calling KISSlicer. So you would overwrite "_the_one_printer.ini", "_the_one_style.ini", etc., then call KISSlicer and specify printer 1, style 1, support 1.

thanks,
Jonathan
Maybe loading projects from command line would make things simple? (I haven't actually tried that feature, yet, but for what I've heard of it that sounds close).

I think I can have a simpler workaround, just a simple shell script that will figure out the number from the filename, just wanted to make sure this is what it is and is going to stay like this ;-)