Running wizards

BoriSpider

Running wizards

Post by BoriSpider »

I guess I still don't get how to run the "Tuning Wizards". I tried the "Temp." wizard and I had to stop it. My temp was good for the 1st layer and then started to drop rapidly. When I canceled it, like 8-10 layers in, my hotend was already at 132*C. WAY to cold to print at. I mentioned not knowing how to use these wizards before there were instructions included but I guess not enough. I'm still at a loss as to what/how to fill in the specs for the wizards. Help.
pjr

Re: Running wizards

Post by pjr »

OK, download and unzip the attached model.

Open the file in KISS and (if necessary) select the extruder.

Select Wizards/Tuning Wizards and in the Parameter to Tune, select Temperature[C] - the interfaces will change colour.

If you have a "Tuning Wizard" style profile, select it, otherwise select 0.2mm layers.

If you are tuning for PLA, do the following (otherwise change the temps)

Temp at Z=0, set this value to 215
Temp at Z=top, set this value to 175

Slice and save the GCode, print. You may experience skipping at higher levels, if you do, then cancel the print.

Remove the printed part and examine it to see where the best finish is achieved. Measure up to that point (in mm) from the bottom.

Enter the measured value in the Best Z[mm] box. The best temperature for this filament will be displayed in the Best Temp [C] value box.

Set the "Parameter to tune to None.

Peter
Attachments
Tuning Part.zip
(2.55 KiB) Downloaded 127 times
BoriSpider

Post by BoriSpider »

Tnx Peter. Sorry I'll try and remember to think along these lines when I do the next one(after the temp. one).
pjr

Post by pjr »

BoriSpider wrote:Tnx Peter. Sorry I'll try and remember to think along these lines when I do the next one(after the temp. one).
Pleasure and no need to apologise. These things are difficult to get right for most of us.

Peter
BoriSpider

Post by BoriSpider »

I think I might be able to squeeze it in today, tnx again. And then it's off to FlowRate.
BoriSpider

Post by BoriSpider »

That's done. WOW, 215*C is WAY to hot for my machine. I don't even think I got it that high, to much smoke.
So I had to go with 205* instead. Answer was 191*C. Off to flow rate.
pjr

Post by pjr »

BoriSpider wrote:That's done. WOW, 215*C is WAY to hot for my machine. I don't even think I got it that high, to much smoke.
So I had to go with 205* instead. Answer was 191*C. Off to flow rate.
Great, you got the hang of it now... :D

Peter
BoriSpider

Post by BoriSpider »

Well kinda sorta. After going through all wizards it got worse. I'm assuming input error :p
I deleted all profiles and started fresh and did the PreloadVE wizard. So far looking good.
Now I'm thinking of going through the PreloadVE "tuning wizard" to fine tune it. So the values
I would enter should be like where it's at now and a little more above that? Well we will see what happens.
pjr

Post by pjr »

BoriSpider wrote:Well kinda sorta. After going through all wizards it got worse. I'm assuming input error :p
I deleted all profiles and started fresh and did the PreloadVE wizard. So far looking good.
Now I'm thinking of going through the PreloadVE "tuning wizard" to fine tune it. So the values
I would enter should be like where it's at now and a little more above that? Well we will see what happens.

Well kinda sorta. ;)

Say your initial PreloadVE is 0.5, then start at 0.2 and go up to 0.8. If the best works out at 0.4, run again from 0.25 to 0.55, that will give you a decent precision to work on and a margin of error...

Peter
BoriSpider

Post by BoriSpider »

In the PreloadVE tuning wizard when I input the "Best of Z" nothing happens. Does it automatically adjust the # on it's own or give me a # to put into that field or what?