Running wizards

pjr

Re: Running wizards

Post by pjr »

BoriSpider wrote:In the PreloadVE tuning wizard when I input the "Best of Z" nothing happens. Does it automatically adjust the # on it's own or give me a # to put into that field or what?
After you have saved the model you need to leave the wizard open and KISS settings/model cannot be changed.

The Z=0 and Z=max parameters must not be changed.

However, it's not difficult to work out the actual value from the model height, best height and entered 0 and max parameters.

Peter
voyt

Post by voyt »

Well, maybe it's a dumb question, but... How do I utilize the resulting value of "best flow rate" from flow rate wizard? Should I enter it into any specific field?
euroreprap.eu
lonesock

Post by lonesock »

voyt wrote:Well, maybe it's a dumb question, but... How do I utilize the resulting value of "best flow rate" from flow rate wizard? Should I enter it into any specific field?
Not a dumb question at all, it just prompted me to add a "Set in _____" prompt to the Tuning Wizard. In general, these are material parameters...if you go the the material tab, the setting box with the closest name is the one to update with the "Best Value".

thanks,
Jonathan
BoriSpider

Post by BoriSpider »

So with the PreloadVE TW, how do you guys w/o beeps go through this wizard? The one problem I'm having is when removing material my ooze isn't always straight down. Sometimes(mostly) I remove material, tweezers, and the 'end' is stuck to nozzle so it's a loop and not a 'thread'. Is there a way to clean/coat the nozzle so ooze won't stick and just ooze? Lookin' for some tips.
BoriSpider

Post by BoriSpider »

...clean/coat *nozzle tip
pjr

Post by pjr »

BoriSpider wrote:...clean/coat *nozzle tip
E3D sock?

Usually if it's curling like that, it's time to change the nozzle..

Peter
BoriSpider

Post by BoriSpider »

I had done the PreloadVE initial tuning and after putting in my #'s I was having problems with extrution. I then tried a PreloadVE tuning wizard and my extruder wasn't pushing filament at all. I guess retracts were working cause the filament in the bowden tube was like a good 2-3" away from the hotend. I had to delete all profiles and start over. Now that the set up wizards are done it's up and printing again. It might take a while before I attempt a PreloadVE again. I hate doing that cause it takes like 3-4 tries before I get it.
BoriSpider

Post by BoriSpider »

So I'm trying to recalibrate my extruder and I have forgoten how to get to the Marlin FW on my printer using Arduino IDE. Where do I open Marlin in the IDE, I don't think I see it anywhere.
BoriSpider

Post by BoriSpider »

Yeah nevermind. This is a lost cause.