spaces between linees on top layer

Steamerzone

Re: spaces between linees on top layer

Post by Steamerzone »

Hello,

I've got the same spaces between the lines on the top layer.

A bit hard to photograph with black filament, looks like a gap on some fill angles of 0.1 to 0.2mm.
Not all parts of the model have the same problem.
DSC_0372.JPG
Greetings,
Emile
mhackney

Post by mhackney »

Do you know about Style->Crown? and Printer->Loop/Solid Infill Overlap? What do you have these set at now? You can make adjustments, slice and look at the g-code until you are satisfied that the gaps are filled. You can also rotate the part on the bed to try to get the infill to hit the perimeter at a less sharp angle - shoot for 45° if you can.
Steamerzone

Post by Steamerzone »

Hello Mhackney,

I found a setting that problably is causing most of the issues I have: Shrink xy (0.8%)

A slightly better picture with the spaces between lines problem.
2017-10-14 00.10.04.jpg
Emile
mhackney

Post by mhackney »

Might I suggest doing 2 things:

1) calibrate your extruder to make sure it is not under extruding. Do not cop out and use Flow Tweak, actually calibrate it.

2) use the Wizards to create a new Material and Style. Given that you had shrink set, I would highly suspect your profiles. Start with a known good state with the wizards and we'll go from there.

Sound reasonable?
Steamerzone

Post by Steamerzone »

At the moment I just disabled the shrink setting, and do the shrink correction in netfabb as a added step on the STL as I did previously.

I just saw the option appear in kisslicer an thought I could delete the extra netfabb step.

I only use the shrink setting to get the correct xy dimensions after cooldown for the bigger parts.
The printer I use is very accurate on the XY (leadscrew) but the mostly functional large parts I make have to fit to dimensionally correct parts, and you have to correct schrinkage if you want to things to lineup.

It looks more like some kind of bug. I'll try some different shrink correction factors and see what results I get.

Emile
mhackney

Post by mhackney »

Emile, what you are seeing is not "some kind of bug". It is most likely either an error with your extruder calibration or your slicer settings. Rather than flounder around arbitrarily trying things that are unrelated to your issue, why not step back and approach this open-mindedly? I assert you'll get better results, faster and gain a better understanding of the complexities of slicing.

cheers,
Michael
mhackney

Post by mhackney »

Emile, if you'd like some experienced eyes to take a look, post your project file (the Project->Save Project menu). This is a small text file (you can change its file extension to txt so it is postable here or zip it) that contains all of your slicing parameters. I can then load them and inspect what's going on. Gaps like you are seeing are not normal and a culprit can be easily found, I am sure.

cheers,
Michael
Steamerzone

Post by Steamerzone »

Michael,

I'm using kisslicer since 2012 with the same printer but only started using 1.6x since a few days.

Would be great if you can pinpoint the problem in my profile.

Greetings,
Emile
Attachments
Infill08shrink.zip
(2.78 KiB) Downloaded 89 times
mhackney

Post by mhackney »

Emile, I've looked over your settings and they all look good. I even printed a simple 3 layer tall cylinder both with .8 XY scaling and with no scaling and both parts turned out fine using your profile. The only change I made was to specify a round bed with center at 0,0 so I could print on my delta printer.

If the part you are printing is not proprietary, I'd be happy to take a look at and print it too. I've very interested in finding what's causing your problem. My money is on extruder calibration.