Small part fails horribly with kiss, prints fine with cura

brasshopper

Small part fails horribly with kiss, prints fine with cura

Post by brasshopper »

I have a small part that I have designed myself with openscad - it is a part of a corner mount for a delta printer that is supposed to support a piezo sensor on a project I am working on.

The I have tried to print the part about 20 times - and almost every time, the part fails. I keep changing things, it keeps printing layers that are badly underextruded, the part would fall to pieces every time I tried to get it off the bed. The part closest to the bed would be solid, but then there would be a very poorly asserted layer, and then there would be a good part, and so forth.

I tried almost every parameter change I could think of. I ended up at 125% extrusion - to make sure that there was enough plastic, and I still didn't see an improvement. I had no damn idea what to do. I ordered a new print head, and I was about to install it. I had used cura before, on a different computer, and I just didn't have another idea. I installed a recent stable version of cura and sliced it pretty much with default parameters.

It printed perfectly.

So I have no idea what is happening, I have had a ton of really great slices with kisslicer, but the magic seems to have vanished. I have just installed the pro version. I am using the current parameters because I just have no idea what the heck I could be doing to make the soft underextruded parts of the print go away, other than using cura. Which also makes a part with no stringing.

So, is anyone willing to help me figure out if it is possible for me to print this with kiss? I have the generated gcode, the gcode from cura and the stl, I can even send you the openSCAD but I don't think that matters. The openSCAD is designed to be compatible with a bunch of different printers and is completely parametric and parts try to stay in sync, a change in one part will change another. But the generated stl is the important thing to the slicer.
EddyMI3D

Re: Small part fails horribly with kiss, prints fine with cu

Post by EddyMI3D »

Hello brasshopper!

Can you give us some information about:
What 3d-Printer do you use?
The nozzle size.
The material (PLA or ABS, 3 or 1.75mm)
Your settings (most easy: screenshots of the various tabs of KS)

Maybe we get some steps further then.

Regards,
Eddy