Some parts of my model are all chewed up???

PegasusArms

Some parts of my model are all chewed up???

Post by PegasusArms »

Hello, I am printing the same part twice per day and many of my parts are randomly coming out looking like parts are chewed up in some areas?

I get amazing print quality from the lower starting points, as the grown builds at around 4", 6 out of 10 prints start to look chewed up in random areas.

I have experimented with many settings and all CubXMod setup fine tuning and I still get this random happening. (I have tried solid setting form 90%, 100% and 110% with still the same results.)

Here is one side that came out fine:

Then here is the opposite side that came out chewed up:

Here is my setup:
CubeX Duo (oiled after every 5-10 prints with sewing machine oil)
HOME and ZGap reset before EVERY PRINT.
Inland 1.75mm black PLA
Buildtak bed surface
CubeitModV491 (I tried V605 but after slice, it changed my estimated print time from 20 hours for 2 models - to 80 hours for 2 models, so I could not test it)
Current K Settings:
EddyMI3D

Re: Some parts of my model are all chewed up???

Post by EddyMI3D »

Hello!

First thing that is a bit unusual are some texts in the menus: In the Style tab you have "Use M227" instead of "De-String".
Also in the Matl tab: M227P <> Prine, M227S <> Suck, M228 P value <> Warm Time, M228 S value <> $/cm^3.
Either something is wrong with the Language file or the program.

Besides, your prime and suck values are quite unusual and a bit small.
On you photographs we can see the problem you have, but it would be a bit more easy for us to help you, when we know how this object looks in whole and how it is orientated on the print bed.

You have the fan always on 100%, maybe the nozzle can not keep the heat on the edges.

Regards,
Eddy
PegasusArms

Post by PegasusArms »

Thank you sooo much for your feedback. Anything little thing will be helpful.

I have noticed in some tutorials I have settings that don't match theirs and assume they may be tutorials with older versions.

However, I am using KISSlicer 1.5 Stable (2016-08-04) for Windows 64bit and using settings designed for the CubeitMod to hack the CubeX Duo to use bulk fillament, so perhaps you might not be familiar with those settings?

I print the part standing up on it's end. from 1st layer up to about 4" tall, I get amazing perfection. Then as I get to those tips is where I see random mess. Never in the same place, but always toward the last inch or two of my prints...
EddyMI3D

Post by EddyMI3D »

Two questions I have:
Do you have this issues with another slicer?
Du you have this issues with another model with a height of 4" ?
PegasusArms

Post by PegasusArms »

I can not use any other slicer with my CubeX Duo as KISSlicer is the only one made to allow bulk fillament.
This is the ONLY model I need to print. I have printed smaller things to calibrate with no issues.

I am wondering what the "loops" setting really does? I was assuming it might be how many times it creates the outer walls? As it seams when it gets to those ends, the walls are too thin?

I have "loops" set to 2, perhaps I can increase to 3?
EddyMI3D

Post by EddyMI3D »

As you assumed, Loops is the number of the outer rims that are produced.
Maybe a value uf 3 or 4 could be better.
One question concerning the Cooling Duct of the CubeX. Is it around the nozzle or from one side?
Is this bad printout away from the side where the duct is?
Giovanni V.

Post by Giovanni V. »

Hi,
if your settings are different it's because you have a Cubex and those settings are used by Cubeitmod.

If you got 3 times longer with 6.05 it's because you used different settings from 4.91, use the same speeds, layer thickness, infill, number of loops ... and you'll have quite the same time.

Solid% doesn't affect the sides ( = loops) , Solid% is for the flat horizontal surfaces.

The problem you observed is where the printer make the seam or is in other areas?
PegasusArms

Post by PegasusArms »

To answer the first question; The CubeX has one fan behind the tip and 2 fans in front. It appears I get more often the issues on the side of the print with 1 fan. But again, this issue appears an disappears and shows up at random in the SAME print areas of the model, which is why I turned to the forum for assistance. I am wondering if upgrading to a new hot end tip might help?

One thing to know is my studio is quite cold. Perhaps a room temp of 60f. I only print PLA with fans on after first layer and the printer has NO heated bed. Could I perhaps get better results using NO fans?

Giovanni, wow thank you for your assistance. From what I think you designed the CubeX mod and for that I thank you.

The problem happens in the same areas but at random, mostly at the end of the highest point of the print. However below you can see some at the base angle. The print is printed from bottom to top (top being the points). Much of my print quality is amazing then I get these bad areas. I tried an entire print with loop settings now at 3 with same issues. See details in the below photos:

Giovanni V.

Post by Giovanni V. »

I'm happy to see that you enjoy Cubeitmod.

As you print the same file but you don't have always the same problem it means it's not a software problem.

The pictures are very good and we can see that there is a problem of under extrusion, try to increase the voltage and put a good heat sink on the driver's chip like described here :

viewtopic.php?f=20&t=799&p=3948&hilit=motor#p3923

Be careful, a very small rotation produce a voltage change and don't touch other pins with the screwdriver or the voltmeter otherwise you may burn the cards.
PegasusArms

Post by PegasusArms »

Yes thank you for all your hard work! (side question, should I still be using V491 or switch to V605? I read V605 is if I changed voltage, which I have NOT.)

It is random, however shows up in the SAME areas when it does, which tells me it has an issue with those specific parts most often. It NEVER happens in other areas which tells me if it was 100% hardware it would.

How can entire print be amazing, then last inch go bad?

Could Z gap slip towards end of print, causing too much space from tip and last layer perhaps???

Is there perhaps a setting that can handle those SLANTED/ANGLED areas better? Like a thicker skin/outer wall?

I am not comfortable messing with voltage, would perhaps buying a higher res hot end like this one work well for me?
http://www.cube3dfree.com/online-store/ ... p/75567603

This looks like an easy install....