Some parts of my model are all chewed up???

Giovanni V.

Re: Some parts of my model are all chewed up???

Post by Giovanni V. »

Do you print the same bfb and sometimes you have the problem and sometimes not ?
If your answer is Yes the problem is hardware related.

I'ts easy to see if it's a problem with the driver, if you observe the printer while is printing a "chewed" area and you ear the extruder's motor clicking that means it's loosing steps, two things can cause this problem :
1. low torque, by increasing the voltage you increase the torque but the driver becomes very hot
2. high temperature on the driver's chip, there's a safety circuit on the driver, if the temperature is too high the driver reduces the power and the motor start to click

The solution is increase the voltage and put an heat sink.
PegasusArms

Post by PegasusArms »

I hear nothing different when printing those areas...

So, what makes me believe it is a slicer setting, is ALL PARTS of the model are ALWAYS amazingly perfect, except for the top tips which are the last 1-2 inches to print. 9 times out of 10 they are chewed up. Which is why I was thinking the width of those tips may not have enough skin or wall or material set as it tries to create the infil??

Can you recommend a setting to try?

If I don't feel comfortable with voltage change, would that new $110 hot tip be a good thing to try?
Dreide

Post by Dreide »

PegasusArms wrote:Image
I don't know how it is with CubeitMod, but normally vP is the speed for priming, and 100mm/s seems very high and could explain why you see the problem mostly with small island where the retraction/prime frequency is higher than elsewhere. If I would use such high value with my printer, the feeder either would loose steps or just scrape off filament which then would cause the feeder to have a weaker grip and compromise further extrusion. I would try with vP=15mm/s, but, as I said, I don't know in which way CubeitMod uses these values.
Giovanni V.

Post by Giovanni V. »

Dreide wrote:
PegasusArms wrote:Image
I don't know how it is with CubeitMod, but normally vP is the speed for priming, and 100mm/s seems very high
The speed is the M227S parameter, VP and VS are not used with cubeitmod 4.91.

To PegasusArms :
What version of Kisslicer are you using ?
Cubeitmod 4.91 is an old version and it doesn't work well with the latest versions of KS, I don't remember exactly the last compatible version but for sure you have to use less than 1.5.
I released the 4.91 on October 2014, you have to use a KS version of the same period.
PegasusArms

Post by PegasusArms »

As my first post said I am using KISSliver version 1.5 for Win64 and Cubeit mod V491
PegasusArms

Post by PegasusArms »

Do you see these tips are where the print quality goes bad...

PegasusArms

Post by PegasusArms »

And like I said with EXACT same settings V4.91 shows a print time of 9hrs and V6.05 shows a print time of 30 hours! I cant run 1 part for 30 hours???

Giovanni V.

Post by Giovanni V. »

PegasusArms wrote:Do you see these tips are where the print quality goes bad...

On this picture I can see that the print start to go bad not only on the top but also on other parts of the model.
It's important to determine if those points are related to the seam.
Into KS, after you've sliced the model, click on "PATHS" then move the cursor on the right to inspect the layer where you have the problem and look if the seam is located where the problem starts.

But on this picture the line is the seam ? ( If yes I'm a little bit confused because here the seam looks OK, anyway I'll tell you what to do for the seam )
seam.jpg
seam.jpg (68.38 KiB) Viewed 3601 times

If the problem is the seam this is related to M227 & M228 parameters.
To find the right ones you better use the model into the zip file below.
load it into KS, then select "count" 2 to have two parts.
Into Style tab select :
- Loops go from inside to perimeter : checked
- infill : vase
- loops 2
- skin thinckness : 0

Into Matl : use the same M227 & 228 parameters you've used for your parts.

slice and print, then observe the seam internal and external on both parts.

Do you have the same problem ?

Now go to Matl and change like this ;
M227P 0.1
M227S 0.04
M228P 0
M228S 0.015

slice and print, is that better ?

When the seam is not too bad you can fine tune it into Style tab using depth and gap.

About the printing time, if you look the time given by KS this is not affected by the version of Cubeitmod, because KS can't know how the post-processor works, you have different settings ( check acceleration, but this parameter affect only the time calculated by KS not the real print time ).
You have also different parameters for the print because if you look the length of filament calculated by KS they are totally different ( 723mm 1.95m !!!)

cyl30x10.zip
(17.99 KiB) Downloaded 106 times
PegasusArms

Post by PegasusArms »

OK, I will give that seam setting a try with V4.91 and the test file shortly.

Just so you know I created a new kisslicer folder and instead of replacing all files with the unzipped V6.05, I only opened the kisslicer program and chose that cubeitmod603.exe as the process file in printer tab. It sliced and saved but the printer then said there was a line error and would not do a test print with it.

So I tried the same with V6.03 and it sliced and saved and is printing a test now. However it is making VERY erratic - fast movements - jumping around and created a strange zigzag skirt around the print with skirt settings turned off.

I will see how the rest of the print goes with V6.03 and advise.
Giovanni V.

Post by Giovanni V. »

PegasusArms wrote:OK, I will give that seam setting a try with V4.91 and the test file shortly.

Just so you know I created a new kisslicer folder and instead of replacing all files with the unzipped V6.05, I only opened the kisslicer program and chose that cubeitmod603.exe as the process file in printer tab. It sliced and saved but the printer then said there was a line error and would not do a test print with it.

So I tried the same with V6.03 and it sliced and saved and is printing a test now. However it is making VERY erratic - fast movements - jumping around and created a strange zigzag skirt around the print with skirt settings turned off.

I will see how the rest of the print goes with V6.03 and advise.
Cubeitmod 6.05 NEEDS the settings saved into the ini files into the 605 zip file and 603 NEEDS the ini files into the 603 zip file.

Dont use 603, 605 is better but use it with the good ini files !