hot end not going down to the bed

jayray

hot end not going down to the bed

Post by jayray »

Hello All,
This is my first post here though I've been printing on a Rostock Max v2 for the past two years. I've recently become interested in using Kisslicer and I'm having a few problems.First off, does anyone have the bed STL for a Rostock Max v2? I have designed one in Form Z and I'm not sure if I did this correctly.My current issue it that the hot end comes down about 1 inch and then starts air printing. I also cannot find what G Code flavor to use for Repetier. Any help is appreciated as I would love to use Kisslicer. The times that it did come down to the bed, it appeared to be not extruding enough filament, it is also about 1mm from the bed. I ran this print directly after a successful Slic3r print so I know the z height is correct.
dorbar

Re: hot end not going down to the bed

Post by dorbar »

I don't know much about Rostock Max v2... but the initial height setup (z=0) is made by end switches, so check if there is a problem. Usually you get the zero Z-axis with the end switch and then you can adjust the levelling and other z-axis inaccuracies later with the s/w.
jayray

Post by jayray »

Hi, Thanks for the response. What is the s/w? When I slice with Mattercontrol using cura, everything works fine. I am thinking that there is another setting I'm missing? When I go to save the file, it tells me that there is no Select new ext and warm selected , it also mentions no cool ext selected. Not sure what this is but nay help is appreciated. All other settings look to be fine. I just tried to print again and the printer homed and then came down about 2mm and then air printed again.
dorbar

Post by dorbar »

Well you could "move" your model those 2mm "underground" in KS. It's a dumb solution but it should work. But still, I'm sure that the issue is solvable within your printer "Z-settings". Check your controls/settings on the printer.