bottom thickness control

Frank F

bottom thickness control

Post by Frank F »

Can't seem to create a real bottom on vase type files.....i.e. open top, thin walls, reasonably thick bottom. Have tried STL's with bottoms same thickness as wall and have also created 1.55 mm bottoms but can't get it to print as such. Bottoms on prints all seem to print the same thickness as the wall and removing the printing brim breaks and pulls off any semblance of a bottom. Graphic display, after loading, shows no bottom.... Have seen some posts regarding "oversampling changes" but can't locate that feature.

Am using 1.5 beta 2.2 Win 64

Any insight would be most appreciated.

Frank
Lonesomejim

Re: bottom thickness control

Post by Lonesomejim »

Hi,
Oversampling is a Pro functionality that You will find under the "Pro" tab.
Frank F

Post by Frank F »

Is that the solution for not being able to control the bottom thickness on "vase" objects? I'm concerned that for some reason, the bottom is invisible on the home screen
after loading, slicing, and saving.
Lonesomejim

Post by Lonesomejim »

Really not sure that oversample Will fixe your problem. Have You downloaded the latest release, 1.5 stable?
Do You have the same problem when trying with other slicers?
Frank F

Post by Frank F »

Don't see a 1.5 stable on the Dropbox download site. Does it go by another title?

I'll open a file in Cura and see what it displays, but I need KS to run files on a CubeX duo
EddyMI3D

Post by EddyMI3D »

Have another look: there are lots of new versions that followed yours, up to 1.5_release...