Range of motion too limited when positioning

lapjoint

Range of motion too limited when positioning

Post by lapjoint »

I am trying to position an object on a square build plate for maximum size. The object in question is this boomerang:https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4834913 To maximize the size, I'd need to rotate it 45 degrees and then fit it into the build plate.

Using the sliders next to the "Center" button, I have too limited range of motion, though. The object hangs over one side of the build plate, while there is plenty of free space on the opposite site of the plate, even when the sliders are maxed out.

Is there any other way to rotate and then translate my object, except those sliders?

Using 2.0.6 alpha premium by the way.

Thanks!
frozen.rabbit

Re: Range of motion too limited when positioning

Post by frozen.rabbit »

Those sliders are for x/y positioning of the model on the build plate.

You can rotate the part on the z axis on the right hand panel that shows the model, bottom number with up/down arrows is rotation in degrees.
lapjoint

Post by lapjoint »

Yes, I already got so far that I can rotate the object and then translate it using the sliders.

My problem is that the sliders do not give me enough range of motion to get my object back onto the build plate, since it overhangs the boundaries of the build volume after rotation.

I solved my problem by rotating and centering the object in MeshLab, but I was hoping there is some setting in KISSlicer to increase the amount of travel for those sliders, or some other way to translate the object.
sinned6915

Post by sinned6915 »

unfortunatly, the way you did it is the best way. KISS lacks the precise geometric manipulation tools that are available with some other slicers.

Sometimes its easier to create the plate in 3D Builder or SuperSlicer and exporting the entire build plate as an .stl works well.