Supports - Need some GOOD settings

satgod

Supports - Need some GOOD settings

Post by satgod »

anyone out there have some GOOD settings for supports that will give you that easy peel away and done print

Simplify3d does it and I dont see any reason Kisslicer cant
Msquare

Re: Supports - Need some GOOD settings

Post by Msquare »

"Parameters" are not everything. They might be having a different algorithm, code implemented differently, affecting both the order and style of the way the paths are laid out.

That said, it is nice if recomended or "tried and proven" values are available. But if there is a "best" setting, then what do we need the others for ? 8-)
plexus
Site Admin

Post by plexus »

There are not any specific "good" setting for support. you have to set the parameter based on the model, printer and material you are using based on your experiences with them. All I do is turn support on to course or whatever the first option is on the slider. the rest I leave default and I usually get support where I want it and in a manner that is easy to remove. I also set a 60 degree trigger as that is where my printer start to fail in terms of bridging.
Davide Ardizzoia

Post by Davide Ardizzoia »

Several points need to be considered.

1) Is it a multiextruder machine ? If Yes, then you can use zgap = 0. If not, zgap should be about 0.24-0.28
2) Speed is important. Too slow printing will make peel off difficult. Too fast and your bottom surface will look bad.

That said, kisslicer still misses two quite important things when dealing with just one extruder:

1) Interface layer should be a bit wider than the part sitting on it. Current beta make peeling off quite difficult as there is not a clear "step" surface to push on to remove the support.
2) Interface layer should NOT be 90° against solid infill direction. 20-24° is way better to start the peel off.

Crossing my fingers for next beta....

Best Regards
Davide Ardizzoia
de_kaminski

Post by de_kaminski »

Davide Ardizzoia wrote:Several points need to be considered.
1) Is it a multiextruder machine ? If Yes, then you can use zgap = 0. If not, zgap should be about 0.24-0.28
Ciao Davide,
Do you mean multimaterial print with soluble support, or just multiextruder with 2x PLA for example?
http://www.bigrep.com dekaminski@bigrep.com
Zmorph 2.0s BigRep One.2 KISSlicer Pro, Simplify 3D
Davide Ardizzoia

Post by Davide Ardizzoia »

Soluble, of course.

Brgds
Davide