Is there a way to control Z-gap support interface "stride"?

calinb

Is there a way to control Z-gap support interface "stride"?

Post by calinb »

I've never been able to use KISSlicer-generated support for my Taulman 618 nylon parts, because it's too hard to remove. I'd like to control the Z-gap interface stride separate from the main (lower) support interface stride. The tooltip says that Stride is for the interface paths, but I can find no way to make the white interface (as shown in the screenshot below) in the Z-gap to have greater spacing. (Stride only seems to affect the lower gray-colored support.) I'd like to control the extrusion width of both the lower and upper sections of support separately too.

It's the same in V2 Alpha. Thanks for any suggestions.

-Cal

calinb

Re: Is there a way to control Z-gap support interface "stride"?

Post by calinb »

To be clear, the support that's difficult to remove is the white support that overlies the gray support structure. I can't find a way to independently control the extrusion width of those lines or their spacing.
calinb

Re: Is there a way to control Z-gap support interface "stride"?

Post by calinb »

I don't understand how the "Z band" setting works but I can use it to obtain two or more layers of interface paths. The problem is only the top layer responds to the stride setting. The underlying interface paths are too closely spaced (too dense and fine).

Though using a larger stride may help removing nylon support from nylon, I'd rather have the stride setting affect all of the paths shown in white here.

The interface paths are white here. Notice how only the top interface path layer correctly reflects the stride setting of 5.