Which Extruder Is Active?

inventabuild

Which Extruder Is Active?

Post by inventabuild »

Is there a way to determine in KISSlicer's Printer tabs which extruder is active using code? The x, y coordinates where I want my active extruder to go to prime it at the beginning of a print is dependent upon which extruder is active.
Epop

Re: Which Extruder Is Active?

Post by Epop »

Printer(main tab) > extruder materials(sub tab) > Object ext. : Interface Ext. : Raft Ext. : Support Ext.

Select the extruder material(material main tab is material setup only) using the dropdown menus, select the features for Kisslicer to build using what extruder.

Kisslicer will activate the extruder in use first... If you're using a raft, and select Ext 3 from the Raft Ext drop down, Kisslicer will go through the specified code to activate that extruder first.

If you want to do some kind of extra step every time. you might want to drop the code in the Gcode(main tab) > Prefix(sub tab) and it will add that code at the beginning of every file.

or am I misunderstanding ?
3D Systems - CubePro Trio (triple head printer)
--Modified to RepRap standards using Duet and the x4 expansion
-e3d Kraken, heated bed added.
Kisslicer Pro licenced
inventabuild

Post by inventabuild »

Basically I need to know which extruder is in use first. That will depend upon what the build looks like so I want to use code in one of the Printer tabs to tell me what extruder is in use.
lonesock

Post by lonesock »

In the Prefix G-code, can't you just use the <EXT> token?

; The first extruder will be <EXT+1>

Jonathan
inventabuild

Post by inventabuild »

Well if <EXT+2> is active then I will want to go to X0 Y0 and extrude 16 mm of filament to prime the extruder and if <EXT+1> is active I will want to go to X0 Y300 and extrude 16 mm of filament to prime the extruder such that both extruders get primed off the print bed. Both extruders can't go off the print bed on the same side due to space limitations. The extruder unit will be positioned approx. 0.2 mm above the build plane and whichever extruder gets primed, the string of filament will be wiped off the nozzle tip by the edge of the glass as the extruder moves onto the bed to start its build. This way I don't get a ball of filament dragged into the build itself.

On second thought maybe I'll just fire up both extruders and move them both off the glass at their respective sides of the bed and wipe them both on the edge of the glass. Doing it this way I can just explicitly call out the extruders.
626Pilot

Post by 626Pilot »

I have dual hot ends, PLA in #1 and support material in #2. I have KISSlicer set up to use #1 for "Default Object Ext" and everything else is set up to use #2.

In Repetier Host, if I select extruder #1 and tell it to extrude, I get PLA. Select extruder #2 and tell it to extrude, I get support material. So, it looks like the printer understands which hot end is being referred to in g-code.

However, when I slice something and print it, it heats extruder #1 to #2's (higher) temperature and then extrudes everything through #1 instead of divvying them up like I told the slicer to. I'm using beta 2.20. What am I doing wrong?