Adhesive for PLA on glass bed

de_kaminski

Re: Adhesive for PLA on glass bed

Post by de_kaminski »

ABS juice works super for PLA as well...

I am not a fan of Buildtak since it has to be replaced after 50 uses or so..it is a consumable.

(For new users: ABS-juice is easily made by putting small amounts of ABS-filament in a glass-jar with aceton, then brush it on the print surface)
http://www.bigrep.com dekaminski@bigrep.com
Zmorph 2.0s BigRep One.2 KISSlicer Pro, Simplify 3D
Fisk4

Post by Fisk4 »

Elmer's purple glue stick.
Dissolve 1 stick in 650 ml H2O.
Use a smaller squeeze bottle and spread around with cotton square (like found in hospital).
Allow to dry with or without heat gun, hair dryer.
Process works on Kapton sheets as well.
Leave fan off for 1st 1 mm or so.
I purchased a Print-N-Z ZEBRA build plate for my Replicator. It works on NinjaFlex, Semi-Flex, PLA, ABS, HIPS (all I tried so far) with or without heated bed.
I am getting one for my CubeX Duo instead of a heated build plate, it works perfect every time and is saving me $ on Kapton sheets. It will have paid for itself in the next few months.
Mikk36

Post by Mikk36 »

For those not living in the US: Elmer's purple glue stick is a PVA-based glue stick. Might as well just buy a bottle of PVA glue.
3Drasle

Post by 3Drasle »

Mikk36 wrote:For those not living in the US: Elmer's purple glue stick is a PVA-based glue stick. Might as well just buy a bottle of PVA glue.
Thanks Mikk36.
I was about to buy some Elmers on EBAY, just to try instead of my PVA solution I use now :roll:

/Michael
Mikk36

Post by Mikk36 »

3Drasle wrote:
Mikk36 wrote:For those not living in the US: Elmer's purple glue stick is a PVA-based glue stick. Might as well just buy a bottle of PVA glue.
Thanks Mikk36.
I was about to buy some Elmers on EBAY, just to try instead of my PVA solution I use now :roll:

/Michael
Any specific issues with PVA for looking at other solutions?
3Drasle

Post by 3Drasle »

Mikk36 wrote:
3Drasle wrote:
Thanks Mikk36.

/Michael
Any specific issues with PVA for looking at other solutions?
My only reason is that some times the bond is too strong when using PVA.

/Michael
Yellowshark

Post by Yellowshark »

What is the product that is most easiest to prepare and apply? Hairspray, no preparation, 5-8 seconds to apply, no wait time.
What is the cheapest? Hairspray - steal your girlfriend's or wife's
What is the easiest to obtain? Hairspray, get it immediately at any time from your 24 hour supermarket.
What is easy to clean off your glass bed? Hairspray, run the bed under warm water and with a J cloth rub it off in 20-30 seconds
What is best for setting your hair? Hairspray
3Drasle

Post by 3Drasle »

Yellowshark wrote:What is the product that is most easiest to prepare and apply? Hairspray, no preparation, 5-8 seconds to apply, no wait time.
What is the cheapest? Hairspray - steal your girlfriend's or wife's
What is the easiest to obtain? Hairspray, get it immediately at any time from your 24 hour supermarket.
What is easy to clean off your glass bed? Hairspray, run the bed under warm water and with a J cloth rub it off in 20-30 seconds
What is best for setting your hair? Hairspray
So right... if just hairspray was just hairspray....
But hairspray is not just hairspray...
Some work some doesn't...

/Michael
Yellowshark

Post by Yellowshark »

Ah, that is true I am sure. Maybe I was just lucky and chose a good/"correct" one rather than a poor one and thinking hairspray was no good.
Mikk36

Post by Mikk36 »

3Drasle wrote:My only reason is that some times the bond is too strong when using PVA.
Dissolve it more if it's too strong.